Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 October Pearl

Hi, first post here.
    I own an '08 Black Jackson DK2 HSS, and just purchased online a DK2 October Pearl japan with seymour duncans HSS, among my others.

Is the Japan DK2 still being made? I am unable to find any information on the Jackson website for it now. Theres slowly less and less of them available online too.

Even more apparent, it appears the floyd rose october pearl dk2 barely exists even in a google search. Anybody else have one?
    I was also going to ask if there is any production number info on that october pearl DK2 (how many were made approx). The particular model im referring to is the floyd rose version.

Do I have a rare guitar?

Any info would be great...
    Last edited by morbidguitar; 08-28-2012, 08:06 PM.

Japanese plant is closed AFAIK
    Not sure on how many in that color were made.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Jackson has never released production numbers for import guitars. Even if it is rare, that doesn't necessarily make it more valuable.

And sadly, the Japanese plant is gone. Jackson is changing focus on the Charvel brand to be more like Schecter/Ibenhad/clones. But... if you put some work into them, they're actually quite nice. Not sure what the Jackson import brand is about, but apparently they're pretty decent too, but made in a different factory as well, now.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

You got yourself a sweet guitar but it's not exactly rare. The orange was standard for 2011 which is the last year the DK2 was made.

Hang on to them dude, there's a chance there won't be anymore Japanese Jackson..........ever.

Comment

thanks for the replies. I had no idea the japanese factory was closed.
          I will definitly keep the two that I currently own, they are great guitars for sure
          Might even have to settle on buying a USA jackson in the future! lol

Comment

The DK2's are awesome, so how about some pics????????

Comment

Originally posted by morbidguitar View Post
              thanks for the replies. I had no idea the japanese factory was closed.
              I will definitly keep the two that I currently own, they are great guitars for sure
              Might even have to settle on buying a USA jackson in the future! lol
              We can tell you future Japanese numbers - ZERO

Very sad. Most of my Jacksons are MIJ, with a spattering of USA's.

Comment

Definitely hold on tight! The October Pearl is my absolute favorite color with the black hardware. I had bought a DK2S about 2 years ago, and foolishly sold it. Fortunately I am going to put a hold on an Inferno Red DK2S tomorrow...but it would be better if they made it in the Oct. Pearl too!!!
                Jackson Pro DK2HT - Metallic Black
                Peavey 6505mh
                Blackstar HTV 112 Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                  The DK2's are awesome, so how about some pics????????
                  Ive been playing it a bit over the last week or so and it sounds SOO much better than my DK2 MIJ with duncan designed pups. Actually better might not be the best word, lets just say it sounds more crystal clear with a hint of fender strat twanginess especially on the neck pickup. The neck even feels a bit thinner like an ibanez wizard neck compared to my other dk2.

Last edited by morbidguitar; 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

wow that looks awesome! Love that finish!

Comment

Love that colour!

I've got a Peavey V-Type in orange pearl, but it's a matte finish (not shiny)... Maybe I'll clear coat it someday.

Comment

Ooooh sweet Jesus that is nice, the only pics ive seen of this colour were studio shots & it was nice but looked more plain light orange. These pics make it look darker & you can see the pearl really well.

I wish I had snagged one.

Comment

So is the Jackson Japan factory shut down because of restriction on importing of wood and wood products to that country? I read that somewhere yesterday but it wasnt referring to guitars in particular.

Comment

Working...
                          X