Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional GAS

All,
    Good morning. I have an opportunity to purchase what I believe is a true made in japan professional series guitar. My only concern is the serial number. The serial number is 601666 on the neck plate. It was my understanding that all Japanese guitars started with a 9. I may be mistaken, but I am concerned its a Japanese neck on a different country of origin body. The fret board is bound in what appears to be a dark rosewood or ebony(can't tell from the photos) and it a bound fret board. The body is a H-S-S in a purple burst finish. Any help on this issue would be great. Thanks in advance.

Sean

Originally posted by mpanderson70 View Post
    It was my understanding that all Japanese guitars started with a 9. I may be mistaken,
    Not quite true: MIJ bolt-ons around 1996 got a new serial number system: 7 digits starting with 96, then ascending. ie, 96xxxxx going to 97xxxxx by 2004, etc. Your guitar is probably an early '96 Professional. Let's see some pics.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Headstock-

Comment

Body-

Comment

As you can see, it isn't pristine, but I am a fan of road worn guitars. I don't have a good photo of the neck plate. The back of the head stock has the allen wrench holder, but is missing the Allen wrenches. They want 250, it seems a tad high in its condition, any suggestions or should I walk away. I can always find a MIJ Jackson for this price range.

Sean

Comment

can't see the pics. IT's probably a 96DX1 great guitar I just sold mine. there on the pink side in person, very nice tops(photo veneer).

Comment

Originally posted by mpanderson70 View Post
              [I M G]http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?fid=Inbox&mid=2_0_0_1_1434_ADwJDUwAAS05UD lIMwVqwxP1mQQ&pid=2&tnef=&YY=1345967179256&file_na me=000_0059.JPG&appid=YahooMailNeo[/I M G]
              I think you need help on posting pictures. I don't think you are posting from a valid web location.

Comment

Sorry guys, I will try to post once I get home.

Sean

Comment

Working...
                X