Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    Racer you may be on to something.
    Sure its not what I would call a top notch guitar but much better than what Jackson has been offering lately that hasn't been geared for the 12 -18 year old demographic.
    ESP has been ripping off the big boys for decades I assume you know that.Anything original from ESP has tanked big time.Yes I have had some high end ESP's in the past too.
    Had a Kirk Hampster MIJ model and the inlays looked worse than on the Indonesian model.High quality?
    How is ESP ripping off the big boys? I do prefer Jackson over them but still think they make great guitars.

Comment

ESP ripped off Fenders strat headstock in the 80's,Jackson headstocks too.Fender strat bodies Jackson soloist bodies etc the list goes on.
      ESP's well the early 90's were good guitars I have had a few.
      Now they do Gibson bodies too.
      They weren't the only ones don't get me wrong but original no.
      Last edited by straycat; 07-24-2012, 12:13 AM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

24 fret scale length
        what's the number or frets have to do with scale length?

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          ESP ripped off Fenders strat headstock in the 80's,Jackson headstocks too.Fender strat bodies Jackson soloist bodies etc the list goes on.
          ESP's well the early 90's were good guitars I have had a few.
          Now they do Gibson bodies too.
          They weren't the only ones don't get me wrong but original no.
          Everyone copied the Fender strat, including Charvel/Jackson. The early San Dimas models were hot rodded strats, same body style strat headstock, etc. Mustaine had the sig Y2KV Jackson that copied Gibsons. Everyone copies in one form or another but I would say the strat is the most copied.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            what's the number or frets have to do with scale length?
            Nothing. Just meant I prefer 24 frets vs 22.

Comment

I get that and not a problem I know what you meant damon1.
              Jackson came out with the Kelly,RR and soloist and ESP jumped on it,B.C.Rich had their own designs not copies of Jackons is all I'm saying.Let the argument end its not that important anyway.
              Funny how people dislike 22 or 21 fret guitars and have to have 24 its all the same scale length in the end.
              I have no problem playing any of them none feel any different to me.
              Call me old school I love a bolt on neck guitar 21 or 22 fret makes no difference.Neck thru is all hype to me.Sure they feel and play fine but not something I obsess over.

Comment

Hey, it's all good man. We are just having a conversation with differing opinions, not arguing with each other or name calling bs. I respect your opinions and enjoy talking with others about Jackson/Charvel guitars. I do agree with you about the neck thru supposedly having more sustain hype. Not true. I like them both. Looking forward to a review from you on the Adrian Smith Jackson, I'll have to quit being narrow minded and just play one and see for myself!!

Comment

I can imagine cost level has to do with a persons budget aswell.
                  Not all Charvettes had plywood bodies. Granted it was a low end guitar but one of mine is solid wood and the other is plywood. Never have been really sure what wood, likely basswood but it's not plywood.

QUOTE from ~K~: Hmm ..low end guitar? I haven't seen these yet but if you go by charvel jackson history you would remember that charvettes were plywood. Those were low end guitars.
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Jackson used to build whatever they wanted, they really didn't care about lawsuit shapes too much until Fender bought them. At least ESP has the balls to make custom guitars with lawsuit features. Jackson used to have balls like that too.

ESP may not have many popular original body styles. Look at some of their custom shop pieces, many of them are museum quality art. You may hate them all, but the level of detail, originality and quality for unique pieces far surpass anything that the Jackson CS has ever produced. ESP has 3 different standard custom shops and two higher level boutique custom shops.

I love Jackson, they just won't build me the guitar I want. If I'm ordering a custom guitar I want to hear the word "yes", not the word "no".
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by damon1 View Post
                      I'll have to quit being narrow minded and just play one and see for myself!!
                      Thats really the best answer for ANY of us,i can sit hear and listen to joe shmoe tell me the new jackson SLX suck donkey ass but until i play it and judge it myself i dont beleive it for one second! actually that did happen to me which is why i brought it up, the guy was raggin on the Made in india SLX saying how shitty it was and blah,blah blah and i said fuck it i am going to play it and find out for myself,now i cant speak for every SLX made but the cherry burst one i played kicked fuckin ass for the money! it was this one,

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
                        Thats really the best answer for ANY of us,i can sit hear and listen to joe shmoe tell me the new jackson SLX suck donkey ass but until i play it and judge it myself i dont beleive it for one second! actually that did happen to me which is why i brought it up, the guy was raggin on the Made in india SLX saying how shitty it was and blah,blah blah and i said fuck it i am going to play it and find out for myself,now i cant speak for every SLX made but the cherry burst one i played kicked fuckin ass for the money! it was this one,

My GC has one of those too I played it and its a really nice guitar and would love to have one.

Comment

Working...
                        X