Jackson Adrian Smith model goes import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
    I dunno. I think the JS line feels like crap. The Desolation I played felt like crap, I'd bet the Adrian Smith Import feels like crap.

C/J has to find a better factory for this stuff. The one in Japan was phenomenal. They were putting out some better guitars than their MIA counterparts. They should reopen that factory or just build one from the ground up and rehire the Japanese luthiers who worked there.

Sorry if my opinion is unpopular, but it's the truth.
    I completely agree. Unfortunately I don't think another Japanese factory is gonna open unless the USD gets stronger and the exchange rate improves.

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
      I would say it's got a lot more to do with overall build quality and craftsmanship than just the wood but hey... In terms of craftsmanship and build quality India has been making pretty great playing guitars since the JS series and if the new X series is anything to go by then things are only getting better and better. However, even if/when Indian made guitars do achieve a level of quality that is on par with Japanese made guitars there will still be a stigma associated with owning an Indian made instrument that will take a while to go away. I say ignore all the hearsay, try one and make your own judgements.
      Another thing, it's diluting the Jackson brand to sub $500 guitars. If you go to any GC or music store, Jackson is the cheap brand these days. Fender has Squire, ESP has LTD, Gibson has Epiphone. Jackson has... Jackson. Jackson no longer competes with Fender, ESP or Gibson. They compete with Squire, LTD, Epiphone, etc...

Imagine if Porsche came out with a $25k economy/commuter car. Or if Mac Tools had a Walmart line. Etc...

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      It does. The headstock cut looks like a modern Strat instead of the older J/C version of a Strathead.
      By that I mean the cut under the logo is more curved.
      Also the cut by the nut and the low E tuner. Jackson profile should have more of a curve by the nut as well.

This looks like a rebranded Fender neck to me, but I guess not to most other people. lol
      Last edited by xenophobe; 07-13-2012, 01:32 PM.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Jackson have been doing sub 500 buck guitars for ages... I agree, it dilutes the brand, but it's been happening for years.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          Jackson have been doing sub 500 buck guitars for ages... I agree, it dilutes the brand, but it's been happening for years.
          Yup. Just thought I'd bring it up again. Except, we both remember when this caused a huge stir, and all of our predictions have pretty much come true.

It's kind of sad that the Custom Shop has turned into something more like Build-a-bear than a real custom shop. :\
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
            From what I've been hearing (correct me if I'm wrong) Jackson doesn't maker guitars in Japan no more. This one will probably be made in india or china
            Thats correct these will be made the same place(INDIA) as the newer SLX which IMHO is a damn good guitar for the $550 they start at. I played the burnt cherry burst and the gunmetal grey neck thru's and damn! never would have known they were Not MIJ anymore!great tone and a nice feeling neck shape.a lot like a US SL2H feel and tone wise

Comment

Mine coming Early Sept, maple Board

Comment

Working...
              X