Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help with a 1990 Rhoads Pro (pics inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with a 1990 Rhoads Pro (pics inside)

Hi there,

The GAS hit me again and looking for guitars I came across a 1990 Rhoads Pro.
    As you may know I live in Venezuela and for me buying a guitar outside my country is a really complicated process and I have to think very well the money I'm going to spend.

I know this is the top line of the japanese Jacksons and I know it will be an excellent guitar. I just want to know how are the j-50 pickups because I heard that those are low output PAF type pickups, and want to know how are the active electronics in this guitar.
    The guy is asking 850U$ for the guitar with the hardshell case. I think this is a good deal, but again I live in Venezuela and I'm not completely sure of the right price of this guitars in the US market. I need your feedback and comments.
    The guitar seems to be in good shape with the usual detail in the wing.

Here are some pics of the guitar:

Feel free to comment and give me info about this guitar, its pros and cons, and how are they compared to a RR1.
    It is really a killer deal or I can find something better for the money?
    Thanks for all the help.

Please excuse my english.

Best regards.

Nico

Looks like a nice axe. Don't fear the J50s, they can sound great.

The price would be a little high by US standards. I would pay around $650.

Comment

It is a little high but it looks to be in very good condition. I would be getting as many high res pics as possible
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Yeah I also agree, a bit high, but at the same time you dont see many white ones

Comment

Is $850 really that high with a case in decent condition? I'd say it's a reasonable price. Those Imports are on par with USA Jackons , Mother of Pearl Inlays, bound ebony Fret Board, JT-590 German Schaller, minor damage... It looks pretty clean from the pics. I can't speak from experience about the pickups or electronics... But that is a QUALITY guitar right there. As long as the truss rod works and there aren't any major issues. Go for it. Electronics and pickups can be exchanged. And if for some reason you need something here that you can't find there; de pana, avisame

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ries_1990-1995

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...4-95Page05.jpg
          Last edited by Sharkfin; 06-15-2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

For $850 I would save a little bit more money up and get a nice used USA Rhoads. That's too much money for that guitar.

Comment

Not a bad looking guitar at all a little touch up is all you need.
              J-50's are great pick ups and will handle any gain you can throw at them.Medium out put yes and very PAF ish.
              I have them in a few guitars ant they can do it all.
              Not sure if that one has the active mid boost or not get close up pics of the electronics cavity.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Ive seen em go for less, but I paid 1000 for one years ago. So I guess it just depends on how much you really want it. Im assuming after shipping youd be paying about 1000 if not a lil more right?

Comment

I'd say in the US 850 is a little high, but that's really not bad. This one looks to be in great condition. If you want I would say go for it.

Comment

I think $850 in Venezuela is probably a good deal, its the high end here in US. I'm sure theres not a lot of them down there. Plus, its pretty clean. Now, the real question is, are you willing to pay $850 for the guitar? If yes, then do it.

Comment

The guy is willing to set the price for $800... how about that?
                      It will cost me $100 to get the guitar here in venezuela... that will be $900 for a Rhoads Pro right here on my door...
                      I don't think that there are many Rhoads Pro here in Venezuela, so that probably will give the guitar a good resale value on my country, if someday I let her go (probably I won't).
                      Besides It will look good next to me Warrior Pro...

Please tell me how great that guitar is, so the $900 don't hurt me so much...

Comment

I'd say it's a good deal for you. Go for it, if it's what you really want.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X