NGD! with a catch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! with a catch...

Well i was ecstatic to see a wrxt warrior on kijiji for $150, called the guy and headed over. As expected, the guy was a total dumbass. He lost all the blocks and screws for the bridge, the knobs, the back plate and the locking nut screws and plates. He had the strings through the threaded part where the block should be with the ball ends digging into the saddles... twas a painful sight but here's your eye candy...

Anyways, it's still a good find in my eyes, im just lost as far as what parts will fit it( Walked out with it for 140 cause he didn't have change ) Most specs pages say the xt warriors have a jt580lp, but I've seen them with screws that stick out the back(more like a 590) and with the smaller ones that don't go out the back. As mine doesn't have the screws I'm not quite sure which it's supposed to have, I'd guess the stick out the back kind because the screws don't contact the tabs but i just wanna make sure. So, for the sizing, will ofr sized screws and blocks fit in it? Also, what ebay seller or online retailer would you guys recommend for ordering my parts? Thanks in advance!

Judging by the angle of the rear of the baseplate, that's a jt580, NOT a jt580lp. Thus, long screws.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

For sure not low profile. And how do you lose all that shit on a guitar that hasnt even been out for a year
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
        For sure not low profile. And how do you lose all that shit on a guitar that hasnt even been out for a year
        This is a WRXT, been out for many years (not to be confused with the new X series). This is the same line as DXMG, DX10D, RX10D, etc

Comment

Yeah, that's a JT580, not a LP. You'd probably be better off getting a complete bridge off ebay than piecing it together.
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

As they said jt580. The easiest way to tell is that you dont have the fine tuning screw adjusting a tail coming off the saddle. I agree w Warlock, you could find a complete trem for like 40 bucks.

Comment

Well, itd be 25 $ for a new set of saddles and 4 bucks for a bar, all shipping in ( assuming these will fit http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewit...id=66648872895 ), only replacement 580 I could find was 70$. Unless somebody knows of a licensed floyd for fairly cheap that will drop in ill most likely just go for the saddle set.

Comment

Why not just drop a 580lp in there?
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-Jackson...item2571ce5e51

Comment

The lp would require it to be mounted slightly close to the nut wouldn't it?

Comment

Nothing that couldnt be compensated by saddle position. Ive done it with a few guitars. The only time I had an issue was when one was a takeuchI

Edit, but let someone else confirm it. Im pretty sure its not an issue. I recall having to shave the slightest amount of the trem route on the pickup side cause the baseplate just barely rubbed but I cant remember if I was going 580lp to 580 or vice versa
                    Last edited by jdr94; 06-14-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

It just seems like it would be easier and cheaper to just swap the saddles, if an lp would drop in or not.

Comment

Yeah, it was just a suggestion. Sometimes the the bar ends up not screwing on tightly or has some wobble if the collar isnt included.

Comment

JT580? No, the Warrior XT originally came with the cheaper JT500 that looks closer to the Schaller/JT590.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Lol Joe you need your eyes checked. Schaller has a square base

Comment

Well, when did they change to the JT580? The original XT Warriors had the JT500 for the first couple years of production. I don't remember them having the 580.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X