Newb needs help with Stealth Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb needs help with Stealth Pro

Hi everyone, new to this board, but have been lurking for about 6 mos now. Found out about you through Curt and Sully's Robbin Crosby site. I finally took the plunge and bought my first ever Jackson. I know this much: Jackson Professional Stealth in transparent blue. Schaller Floyd Rose, one humbucker at the bridge, a single Jackson, and a single Jackson, ebony fret board - 22 fret, MOP "Jackson" headstock logo and dot inlays. I will try to post pictures from ebay ad below, but I'm guessing someone here knows this guitar? Maybe not. Here is where I run into a problem: the serial number on the plate says "901009", nothing else. I have searched audiozone and this site and can't figure out the year. According to Jackson catalouges, the Stealth Pro began in 92 - but that doesn't make sense with the serial number I have. I have heard others referrence 1990 Stealths, but nothing to back that up. Do I have a 92? I appreciate any thoughts!:think:

The serial on the neck plate is from 1990.
    But as with any part that can be bolted onto a guitar, it may or may not be original.
    Great looking guitar regardless of the year.
    -Rick

Comment

Stealths aren't my cup of tea, but it's a damn nice looking axe.

Tear the neck off to see if there are any identifying marks on the neck or in the neck pocket.

Comment

I assume that's a coloradoman25 guitar judging from the pics you posted. He buys and sells a lot of guitars and parts so it's possible that the plate doesn't match the guitar (neck and body might not be a match either). Looks like a killer axe though.

Comment

Thanks guys! DonP - I'll take a look when I get home and post here again. It sounds like what you all suggested is probably true here - pieced together or even just a different neck plate. I didn't buy it as an investment - I want to play it and it looked good! So if it is parts, I'm good with that. It sounds great. I've been keeping my eye open for a King V with a single bridge humbucker and volume control with a reverse headstock - a la Robbin Crosby, but haven't seen anything come up yet. Sully suggested his Raven with the same specs and I really like that idea. Now I just have to get in line. Good things come to those who wait, right? Thanks again for your replies.

Comment

It was sold to someone else then sold to him. The neck and body arent a match but the plate and body should be. Its a great player and should be good to ya.
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

That is the plate I got with that body, if you need a 92 plate i prob have one around somewhere, eventhough I didnt sell it to ya ill help ya out.
              Haters gonna hate
              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Thanks coloradoman - I'll buy a plate off you just to have. I love the guitar and it does sound great. I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X