WOAH! New X Series Seven Strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOAH! New X Series Seven Strings?

I don't know if these are actually X Series but this just got posted on sevenstring.org:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sev...-7-string.html

They were up on facebook and for those not wanting to go to facebook or able to see ss.org:

I need to hide my credit card.

Bridge pickup placement is very odd on seven string hardtail models. You could almost fit another pickup between the pickup and the bridge. It looks bad and I wonder if it will also sound bad. Otherwise they look ok to me. Binding would have been nice touch though.

Comment

About time. They did have two 7 string models a while back, but I don't think they lasted long.

When these have binding and reverse head stock, I'll be all over it.

Comment

Glad to see these - Jackson has been late to the 7 string party for a while and when they got their models out they were not quite what the targeted audience was after.

Comment

I hate that headstock. OK, Jackson, we get it, you're stealing Schecter's customers. Can we see more pointy headstocks now? Thank you.
          Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Love the headstock ! Also, silverburst looks smexy. I hope theese are made in South Korea or in Mexico.

Comment

I prefer this headstock especially on 7's. Pointy 7's just don't look right to me.

Comment

These with binding and ebony fretboards and i'd definitely buy one.

Comment

Ick. Blimmin Smurfhat headstock. I'm out.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It's most likely going to be Made in India like current x-series. Whether there's binding in the future maybe - who knows. The SLAT3-7s had no binding on the initial run/protos but then they included them later on. That means it's probably rosewood and no ebony. Most likely going to be maple+basswood or maybe even maple + alder and a floyd rose special.

I like the pointy headstocks too but felt that the bass headstock they put on the SLAT3-7 just didn't work for me. This is definitely a better looking headstock than the huge 7 string pointy they used to use - it'll get more people into the designs.

Jackson is definitely aiming at the Schecter, LTD crowd with this one.

Comment

They are beautiful! Can't wait to see what they cost. I'd prefer ebony, but any neckthru Jackson 7 is right up my alley. Hope they do some longer scale lengths, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric View Post
                        I prefer this headstock especially on 7's. Pointy 7's just don't look right to me.
                        +1. The regular Jackson pointy is too long and retarded looking on a 7.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
                          Bridge pickup placement is very odd on seven string hardtail models. You could almost fit another pickup between the pickup and the bridge. It looks bad and I wonder if it will also sound bad.
                          I'm thinking it might be a longer scale. Otherwise, it does look a little odd, even on the Floyded models.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            I'm thinking it might be a longer scale. Otherwise, it does look a little odd, even on the Floyded models.
                            Even if it was a baritone scale other manufacturers baritones and seven strings don't have that kind of gap. The bridge pickup was much closer to the bridge on my SLAT3-7. Unfortunately I think that the pickup placement is a mistake and should be fixed.
                            Last edited by Kisonen; 05-17-2012, 07:16 AM.

Comment

True, they usually don't have that kind of gap. Maybe they just kept normal pickup placement while extending the scale. :think:

Comment

Working...
                              X