Small Jackson headstock logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Jackson headstock logo

I have a project guitar I did around five years ago that I purchased a neck for. The body was refinished and came from a different guitar, and I later purchased a neck off ebay. It's a 22 fret and has the noticeably smaller Jackson logo on the headstock. I was hoping to learn some more about this, as I haven't had much luck finding info on it. All I've really been able to find is basically 'once upon a time the Jackson logo was smaller'. What years were these made? What guitar models?

Comparison so those interested know what I'm talking about:

The picture doesn't convey it very well, but while the inlays are not real MOP they are much more flashy and distinct than on the Japanese KVX10. More green/red distinction in the light, similar to real MOP. A lot of these Japanese models have quite dull inlays. Thanks in advance for any info!

That neck is worth like $600 bucks as it was hand made in Japan by Icantbeliv-Gakki. Definitely see it in the hand painted logo which is why it's smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
      That neck is worth like $600 bucks as it was hand made in Japan by Icantbeliv-Gakki. Definitely see it in the hand painted logo which is why it's smaller.
      I don't even know what to say to this. Are you trying to be funny, a jerk, or both?

Comment

Sorry - yanking ya chain

Comment

Yeah, I figured, I never asked how much it's worth. I know it's not worth much. I was hoping to find out about the neck on my project guitar I've been playing for the past five years

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
            Are you trying to be funny, a jerk, or both?
            How To Win Friends And Influence People

by decadence5423

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sorry, the way the first post came across to me was 'you're an idiot so I'm going to mess with you'. Maybe I just asked an incredibly stupid question.

Comment

It's cool.... dj probably should have used a smiley ----->
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, I understand. It's very easy for posts to come across very differently than intended. Especially when you don't know the person. It's the internet. No hard feelings.

Anyway, I feel like this thread has gotten derailed

Comment

My post is on topic but useless nonetheless..................

The whole headstock on the gold hardware one looks smaller, not just the logo, must be the pic. The upsweep at the top looks as though it doesn't rise as much as the other.

Reverse heads have smaller logos to fit them in. Actually, as I type i'm looking at my 2 DK2 heads, the logos on them aren't identical, very minimal difference but being the same necks, you'd think that the logo would be the same.

My SX has a smaller head but the logo is bigger than the DK logo.

Make of my rambling what you will, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                      My post is on topic but useless nonetheless..................

The whole headstock on the gold hardware one looks smaller, not just the logo, must be the pic.
                      Yeah it does look that way from the picture. The headstock may not be exact, when I get home I will have to double check. It doesn't have Jackson tuners, I put gold Ping tuners and I believe the washers are bigger which adds to the illusion in the picture. I should have gotten a better picture. Thanks for the reply.

I was just browsing google images for 'Jackson headstock' I guess I never realized all the subtle (and not so subtle) variances in the headstocks that can exist. I thought this was a much simpler question :think:. The JS30KV seems to have the same headstock, maybe a JS22RR?:

Here's an picture of the whole guitar. Keep in mind the body didn't go with the guitar.

Last edited by decadence5423; 04-12-2012, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X