NGD Kelly STDs Everywhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Kelly STDs Everywhere!

Picked this up at Sam Ash San Antonio. Sweet little bird for $179 + Tax. Gonna use it for a new Death Tribute project and it totally fits the part. Anyways, anybody know why this one has a quilted burst finish and sharkies? I didn't think those were typical qualities for the standards, but if anybody has any info why mine is slightly different it would be much appreciated. Anyways, sorry for the crappy pics. I'll get some better ones tomorrow in some outdoor light.

Nice score. Wish they had binding too, that would top it off.

Comment

Yeah thats kind of strange. Reverse sharkies but standard headstock and no binding...im stumped, but killer deal. maybe pull the neck and see whats in the pocket and on the heel? Serial?

Comment

From lookin at old threads youve got a ke3 with a kelly std truss cover. Does it have a neckplate?
        http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/822...Me-Identify-It!!

Edit-wait I didnt see that the one in the old thread doesnt have a neckplate which is how the std,xl,and xlr was....stumped again.....
        Guys, did a ke3 ever come w no neckplate??:think:
        Last edited by jdr94; 04-09-2012, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Don't think its the KE3. No neckplate. Has all the same features as the std just sharkies and different finish. Headstock still says professional on it, Jackson J92c and J50 pickups, single volume, jt580 bridge. Serial is J009527

Comment

Originally posted by cornstar70 View Post
            Don't think its the KE3. No neckplate. Has all the same features as the std just sharkies and different finish. Headstock still says professional on it, Jackson J92c and J50 pickups, single volume, jt580 bridge. Serial is J009527
            Yeah I dont think its a ke3 either. Someones gotta know somethin. Ive never seen one but youre right has the body setting of a std and being that that other thread had the same neck I doubt there was a neck swap. Inlays look cool. Lets trade lol. J/k Great score though!!

Edit- hey man did you actually pull the pickups? By specs it should be as you mentioned, but when I pulled mine I had a jh-2 and j-50n.
            Last edited by jdr94; 04-09-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
              From lookin at old threads youve got a ke3 with a kelly std truss cover.
              If those sharkies are MoP I doubt it's just a trussrodcover change
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                yeah I know I edited that post to say I was once again stumped. Not sure what it is. Sounds like a std. Just never seen one with rev sharkies and trans finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                  But the Kelly Standard had white dot inlays. And I don't think they came with quilted or flametops (from what I remember). Looks like somebody just put a Standard truss rod cover on an old KE3.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah thats the part that throws me off. Also that other thread had the same deal with the neck. So maybe both had an owner who broke the headstock at some point and replaced the neck with an old ke3 neck when they used to say professional and this one kept the truss cover while the other didnt? OP, how bout you pull that neck and put an end to the mystery lol. Still was there ever a trans std?

Comment

Unless it's a KE4 body, because I think those had quilt (gravure/photoflame) tops, but I believe those also had dot inlays on their necks.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Were the ke4's also done with no neckplate?

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                          Yeah thats the part that throws me off. Also that other thread had the same deal with the neck. So maybe both had an owner who broke the headstock at some point and replaced the neck with an old ke3 neck when they used to say professional and this one kept the truss cover while the other didnt? OP, how bout you pull that neck and put an end to the mystery lol. Still was there ever a trans std?
                          Man, I might have to but dont wanna. I just laced it up with some cobalts and got it all setup lol.

Comment

Inlays look like legit MOP to me.

Comment

Hell I dont blame ya. Play that sucker and maybe when its time for a string change take a peek in the pocket. Model will be stamped there and the model of the neck will be stamped on the heel.

Comment

Working...
                              X