Thoughts on JS32RT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on JS32RT?

I am currently selling a Schecter Stargazer, and once I unload it, I am going to be taking what I get for it and putting it towards something more in tune with what I am looking for. I am wanting something with a thin, fast neck. I am not interested in a Floyd Rose, and I would prefer dual HB.

I have wanted to get back into the Jackson world for a while now, and I have come across the JS32RT and I am thinking it might be my chance. I have played another of the JS models, and I really liked it. I understand what you get when you spend under 400 for an electric these days, but I also think there is some great quality to be had in that price range as well. I would only be able to spend what I end up getting for the Schecter, which I am hoping will be 300-350, so that is the budget. (Can I say this on THIS forum???) I am also interested in an Ibanez RG3EXFM1, so I guess it comes down to which one I think plays best and gives me the most bang for the buck!

My question to everyone here, is what do you actually think of the JS series, and the 32RT specifically? Again, I understand what I am/am not getting.

Thanks for your help!

I own the JS32RT Dinky in gun metal grey and I love it. The quality is good for the price. I have used it for practices and live shows and never had any issues with it. The pickups sound decent and the hardware is good. It was one of my main stage guitars until I got my second dominion, its my backup guitar now. I have owned mine for almost 2 years now and I still play it all the time even though I have several higher end guitars. It has a good feel and sound to it I think. I suggest you pick one up for yourself, I dont think you will regret it.

Comment

If your looking for a thinner neck you are on the right track. you might also look at the LTD MH line. About $300 new and alot with no floyd. I'm sure you know to exhaust other sources too like craigslist. In my area there are always a couple of Jacksons listed. Usually in your budget for a MIJ soloist or Dinky. The trick to budget line guitars is to try out several. Quality is not as much of an issue as consistency. Were one out of every 100 MIJ or MIA Jacksons just plain suck, 70 out of 100 budget guitars will be a great playing guitar. DISCLAIMER:That's been my experience and ratios may vary by brand.
      Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
      2007 Jackson DK2M
      1983 Kramer Pacer Special
      2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
      2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
        If your looking for a thinner neck you are on the right track. you might also look at the LTD MH line. About $300 new and alot with no floyd. I'm sure you know to exhaust other sources too like craigslist. In my area there are always a couple of Jacksons listed. Usually in your budget for a MIJ soloist or Dinky. The trick to budget line guitars is to try out several. Quality is not as much of an issue as consistency. Were one out of every 100 MIJ or MIA Jacksons just plain suck, 70 out of 100 budget guitars will be a great playing guitar. DISCLAIMER:That's been my experience and ratios may vary by brand.
        Cullenszoo... is your first name Cullen? Anywho, for the pricerange, you are right when you say "you get what you pay for" but, I think with a good setup, and some quality pickups, if you were satisfied with other JS models, this one shouldn't be any exception!

Comment

Originally posted by feilong29 View Post
          Cullenszoo... is your first name Cullen? Anywho, for the pricerange, you are right when you say "you get what you pay for" but, I think with a good setup, and some quality pickups, if you were satisfied with other JS models, this one shouldn't be any exception!
          I was satisfied with what I played, and I also had a Kelley model YEARS ago, one of the first guitars I ever bought. It played and sounded great, but I had such a bad time with the Floyd Rose. I knew how to change the strings and do everything considered annoying with it, but it just simply wouldnt stay in tune with any use of the trem bar. But, that was probably just bad luck I suppose. Either way, I havent had any desire for a Floyd. As for pickups, whatever I get, I am thinking I'll put in Dimarzio bridge and neck pickups.

Like I said, the two that I have played and LIKED were the Jackson JS models and an Ibanez RG model. I am still searching through the used models to see if I can snag something a little better than these two, but its the two brands I am looking into.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by feilong29 View Post
            Yes, my first name is Cullen, and when I came up with cullenszoo I had 4 kids at home. go figure! In addition I tend not to be big on pick up swapping. With the effects and set up I use the difference in one brands tone and another just don't show. volume output is about the only difference I notice. Speaking of, I sold a Laguna that had some hot pups in it.
            Fielong, I had the same problem on an Ibanez with a floyd style. turned out you cant adjust the double humbuckers very high otherwise the magnets pull on the strings and keep it out of tune. After lowering them the problem went away.

Currently Shredding:
            2007 Jackson DK2M
            2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
              Yes, my first name is Cullen, and when I came up with cullenszoo I had 4 kids at home. go figure! In addition I tend not to be big on pick up swapping. With the effects and set up I use the difference in one brands tone and another just don't show. volume output is about the only difference I notice. Speaking of, I sold a Laguna that had some hot pups in it.
              Fielong, I had the same problem on an Ibanez with a floyd style. turned out you cant adjust the double humbuckers very high otherwise the magnets pull on the strings and keep it out of tune. After lowering them the problem went away.
              My first name is Cullen as well, crazy! I've learned the hard way when it comes to adjusting the poles on my pickups lol... I too did it just a tad bit too high and had the same outcome. The new Jackson JS series has really spiffed up the last few years though! I mean, dot inlays to shark fins and floyd roses? Can't beat that for $300.

Comment

Well that sounds pretty cool. Nice name by the way.

Currently Shredding:
                2007 Jackson DK2M
                2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

It's a Newbiefest in here!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    It's okay racer, old dogs are welcome too.

Currently Shredding:
                    2007 Jackson DK2M
                    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Yes, newbies indeed! But, being a grizzles Jackson veteran yourself RacerX, what are you thoughts on the JS series, specifically the JS32RT?

Comment

Where are you located? Here in the US, $300-350 should get you much better than a JS model. You could find a used DK2, DKMG, etc for that with a case pretty easy.
                        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Gigged with my JS30KV last Saturday. Got it in a pedal trade! I think I did not bad. It plays and it sounds good. Stayed in tune.

Weird to see on my guitar stand that 80$ guitar side by side with my EBMM JP6.

I don't know if I would have paid the full price for it but I think it's quite decent and I'm not worried about it if I knock it or something else happen during a gig.
                          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                            Where are you located? Here in the US, $300-350 should get you much better than a JS model. You could find a used DK2, DKMG, etc for that with a case pretty easy.
                            I am in Michigan, so I have been looking further into what I can find a used Dinky model for. They can definitely be had for the price I am looking to spend. I have to wait until my other guitar sells, so I've got a good amount of time to search, plus I dont want to just rush into something. The used market is pretty stocked these days though!

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                              Gigged with my JS30KV last Saturday. Got it in a pedal trade! I think I did not bad. It plays and it sounds good. Stayed in tune.

Weird to see on my guitar stand that 80$ guitar side by side with my EBMM JP6.

I don't know if I would have paid the full price for it but I think it's quite decent and I'm not worried about it if I knock it or something else happen during a gig.

Hey benoa, whats that yellow axe back there? and do you know the name of the color?

Anyway, I got an older js1 that i got as a gift from an ex. Out of the box it was a very nice guitar. the thing with jacksons is they put great quality in em all the way down to the budget models. But, you can always upgrade if you have a specific need or want. like mine had a 2 point fulcrum trem, and i didnt like it. so i threw a kahler on it. then the slug pole pickups started sounding thin, so i bought a cheapo set of emg selects for it. that was a major difference. 23 bucks a pop and they sound amazing in that guitar
                              Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Working...
                              X