Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Dinky Reverse refin in "Winter camo warbird" pics inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Dinky Reverse refin in "Winter camo warbird" pics inside.

OK, here is the finished product. a few disclaimers first...... #1, this was a $50 guitar I bought with a separated scarf joint. I repaired it and its been fine. Since it has held, I put some finish time into the neck repair, I sanded it and oiled the neck. its really nice. so I used automotive rattle cans for the camo, and then I had a buddy clear coat it for me when he was painting a car. its NOT a professional paint job, its just a hobbyist job. I just couldnt justify spending big money on a pro paintjob. plus I wanted a fun DIY project. there are certainly imperfections on it. some of the camo job I wanted it to look distressed or old. its not easy to do for an unskilled painter with limited tools and knowledge, but I tried. overall I am really pleased with it. it was a fun project and I really enjoyed doing it. the WW2 warbird decals I got off ebay for $9.00 that is the girl, the name, and the rising suns, and the bombs. I did the numbers myself. not bad for having less than $20 in the refin.

and here is the final neck repair. the neck was not broken, just separated at the joint. I reglued it and its worked well.

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Looks like it turned out good.

Comment

Nice.
      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Very nice work. Looks cool.

Comment

That is cool. I can't believe you got a Dinky Reverse for $50, that's just not fair!

Comment

Very nice work.

Comment

That sir is sterling work!

Comment

Very cool!!
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

thanks all. as I said, I am no pro painter. it was just a fun project that I wanted to try. Its by no means a professional refin. its got some imperfections here and there, but for a hobbyist in his basement, it turned out pretty well.

Comment

Pretty cool!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's pretty.

Comment

Good work! I like it. Do yo have any pictures of the repair? How do you repair a separated scarf joint?

Comment

Nice.What is that bridge pup?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                            Nice.What is that bridge pup?
                            I think its a J85 or something like that. thats what someone here said I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                              Good work! I like it. Do yo have any pictures of the repair? How do you repair a separated scarf joint?
                              no pics of the repair, but here is how I did it. I wedged a flat screw driver in there as far as I dared so it didnt crack the fretboard. then I sucked tite bond wood glue into a drink straw, and crushed the end of the straw with my fingers and slid it into the scarf joint, then I pushed the glue out of the straw into the scarf joint. then I clamped it with rubber jaw clamps and let it sit for 2 days with a fan blowing on it. then cleaned up the glue residue. strung it up and tuned it, and it was good to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X