Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Professional Reverse - what's the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Professional Reverse - what's the year?

GTWGITS

Comment

Last edited by akozhukhar; 03-05-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I am not familiar with this guitar. Jap market only perhaps? Look in the neck pocket, and on the heel of the neck itself. Then oil the fretboard, it looks really dry. Cool looking axe though.
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Don't the Japan made ones have 7 digit serial numbers that start with 9?
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Looks like a DR3 since there appears to be a hole for a toggle switch instead of the blade selector. Also looks like an aftermarket paint job.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Also looks like an aftermarket paint job.
              ? I have a DK2 in that color.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                Don't the Japan made ones have 7 digit serial numbers that start with 9?
                That was post 1996. This one looks to be before that (6 digit ser#).
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Looks like a DR3 since there appears to be a hole for a toggle switch instead of the blade selector. Also looks like an aftermarket paint job.
                  Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  ? I have a DK2 in that color.
                  Really? That almost looks like the flip-flop metallic paint. I've seen deep blue and deep metallic purple Dinkies, but never with that much metallic sparkle to it.

Comment

If you hit it with a flash it will look like that. It's a pain to photograph.

Comment

Hmmm... interesting. I had a candy apple green dinky reverse that was real bright and sparkly, but never noticed my old purple one to sparkle like that, nor my blue Kelly. Never took pics of them, though.

Comment

Are the sharkfins MOTO/pearloid or real MOP? I believe they changed material across the import line between `95 and `96.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X