So I played the SLXQ Soloist today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I played the SLXQ Soloist today...

I was in GC looking for something else when a Burnt Cherry Sunburst SLXQ caught my eye. I've yet to see the X series in person so I gave it a whirl.

I'll be honest I was very impressed!

It felt real good. Much lighter than my old SL2H that I used to have. The neck had a slight bow to it, but nothing a truss rod adjustment couldn't fix. Frets looked and felt real nice.

I'm not big on that finish, but I will definitely consider adding one of the regular colors to to fill my FR equipped guitar needs.

Anybody else coming across these at retail?

Sadly, no. Even if they arrive in Australia, the price will be at least triple what they should be.

I'd love any one of them in green but my Warlock will be lime green when I finish it so
    I guess silver would be my next pick as they don't do yellow...........

.........ooh, a Gunslinger?? Nope, need more Jacksons!!!!!

Comment

Yep, I also played a burnt cherry sunburst SLQX at one of our local GCs this weekend. I actually liked the finish and thought the BCS looked pretty sharp. It felt good and played pretty nice. The neck seemed a little thinner to me than my other soloists. Other than that, I really liked it and will consider grabbing one someday.

Comment

Did it feel like a USA model or did it have a cheaper feel to it?

Comment

Feel is such a tough thing to describe but I'll try.

I've always felt (by looking at them) that a Soloist should be light. But when I got my first US Soloist I found it to be a bit on the heavy side. This guitar feels like I think a Soloist should feel. Light and fast. The neck profile is smaller that the US, so if you like a chunky neck, stay away. But I played an Ibanez RG Prestige right after and the neck was much thicker than that. The neck heel is almost unnoticeable. It's contoured so that it's right up against your body. It's also a rosewood board instead of ebony, and that's a difference worth mentioning too.

Basically I'd say for my money that I would definitely buy one. For the price difference ($550 vs $2000) it's well worth it.

Comment

Working...
          X