Ngd: Dk2 tb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd: Dk2 tb

Picked this up yesterday. Got it all cleaned up, which didn't take much since it's in really good condition minus a little buckle rash on the back. It's really a nice blue. It sounded a little dead at first but i added a little relief, put on 9-42 Elixirs, and adjusted the bridge pup to be a little higher. Seems the JB is a little picky about it's height. I'm used to the '59 in my Godin and the pinch harmonics just jump out of it. The JB seems to want a little more gain and volume to do the same. Also, it doesn't seem to have the neck pocket issue as some of the others. I'm glad i did some research here first or I would not have known to look for it. Got the JT580 LP all set up and it seems pretty stable so far. Seems like the Elixirs don't stretch as much as strings i've used in the past. Oh, and speaking of volume, I'm running a pod hd 500 into the effects loop of my Traynor ycv40, and i usually have the pod set at maybe 1/3 volume on the front knob for bedroom levels. I turned it up to 50% and oh my god, the JB was loving that! Not to mention i was loving it too. Gotta love the 6L6's when pushed. And now that I have found the FU site, I think a brass big block L is in order and maybe the tremolo stopper for string changes and setting intonation. I've always hated setting intonation on floyds. Pic is in the link.

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...ars/DK2_01.jpg
    2011 Godin Summit CT
    2002 Jackson Y2KV USA Flag import
    2006 Jackson DK2 TB
    1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
    2000 LTD H-307
    2003 LTD MH-301
    2011 PRS SE 245

I have the same one. Got rid of the JB for a D'Activator, sounds better but I think i'll go the EMG route
    with this one too. I love my actives.

These guitars are amazing, shame we won't be getting them anymore. I'm not a big fan of natural or visible timber finishes but this axe is so hot & feels like sex to play.

Also, the JT's are a great bridge. Ive never had a single issue with any of mine, they can take anything I do to them & very rarely go out of tune, and then it's only slightly.

Congrats on a top score.

Comment

Great guitar. It was my first ever Jackson that I bought new in 2007. I lucked out because I really didn't research much when I got it. Turns out I did good. I wouldn't mind getting a trans red but I never see those on Craigslist in my area.
      Last edited by gerryl98; 03-05-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X