Y2KV import wiring problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2KV import wiring problem?

Hi. So i have a Y2KV import, the US Flag version. The issue i'm having is that the pickups volume bleed together just a little. What i mean is when I have the toggle on the bridge pickup with the bridge pickup volume off and the neck pickup volume all the way up, i can just barely hear the neck pickups output. The same thing happens when it's reversed, switch on neck, neck volume down, bridge volume up, it bleeds over. It's a little annoying knowing that whille i'm playing the bridge pickup, the neck is bleed in a bit. I've checked wiring diagrams and it looks good. I have changed the pickups and the toggle switch, issue is still there. Is this just a side affect of a 2 volume 1 tone guitar? Or maybe something else?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by jackhamer; 02-26-2012, 02:26 PM.
    2011 Godin Summit CT
    2002 Jackson Y2KV USA Flag import
    2006 Jackson DK2 TB
    1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
    2000 LTD H-307
    2003 LTD MH-301
    2011 PRS SE 245

Change the pots.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sorry, i goofed on the original post and just now edited it after reading Newc's reply. The edit is the 3rd sentence. I had typed "i can just barley hear the bridge pickups output, but i meant "i can just barely hear the neck pickups output. That makes me think that it's not the pots, especially since it did that since i got it new from MF.
      2011 Godin Summit CT
      2006 Jackson DK2 TB
      1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
      2000 LTD H-307
      2003 LTD MH-301
      2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

Nice.that you have one of these. They are not easy to find.

Sounds like the pot to me too.

Comment

Thanks Corpse. They are hard to find info on the net as well. Seems the only info out there is on the USA models. MF had one on clearance way back when so i scooped it up. You really can't beat $199. I figured if i didn't like it, it would look really cool on the wall as a conversation piece. I found a set of sperzels i had laying around, so i'm putting those on it and a set of dunlop strap locks. Time to get this one back in the lineup. I have a tonezone in the bridge and a paf pro in the neck, was thinking of maybe going with the SD's that come in the USA version. Since you're a Y2KV whore, do you know anything else about this import model? I forgot what kind of wood the body is and where it's made. It probably had a sticker on the back of the neck, but i must have taken it off.
          So i guess i'll try the pots next. If that doesn't work i could always just leave the tone as a dummy knob, i don't really use it anyway on any of my guitars. Since they share a tone pot i was thinking maybe that is where the bleed is happening.
          2011 Godin Summit CT
          2006 Jackson DK2 TB
          1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
          2000 LTD H-307
          2003 LTD MH-301
          2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

Man honestly you know more than me on that. I would imagine maybe alder body. But just a guess.

I've been looking for one of these for over a year. Guy here had one few years back but sold it before I made him an offer he couldn't refuse. lol

But if it's not the pot its going to be the switch or maybe a solder.working loose. Rarely it's the pup.

Love to see pics too

Comment

Looks like i can't post attachments. This is a photobucket link to an old pic i took for the LTD forums.
              http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...rs/guitars.jpg
              2011 Godin Summit CT
              2006 Jackson DK2 TB
              1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
              2000 LTD H-307
              2003 LTD MH-301
              2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

Nice. Very nice .

Btw, welcome to the forums.

Comment

I'll take it off your hands!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hell no ron.. Lol that be mine if it comes up for sale lol

Comment

I'll fight you for it!

Or you can sell me on of yours (at a good price - I'm cheap remember)

Comment

Lol. no Way. Your like 90 feet tall.

Comment

C'mon now, no fighting. LOL
                          2011 Godin Summit CT
                          2006 Jackson DK2 TB
                          1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
                          2000 LTD H-307
                          2003 LTD MH-301
                          2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

Jack, there was only one at $199? When was this? Man, I am gonna obsess over that price now, like I always wish I had a time machine so I could buy real estate in 1995!

Comment

Woulda loved to have gotten mine for $199 instead of $750. Sold it before they became rare and only got $550 IIRC

Last one I saw sell on Ebay went for close to $1500
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X