a dilemma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a dilemma...

i order a slime green jackson slx last week because i liked my burnt cherry slxq so much. got a great deal on it because it was slightly blemished. so today the guitar arrives. it's black and it's new. the blemished slime green one is probably gone by now. should i just keep it? or try to see if there's another slime green one to exchange it?
    also, has anyone exchanged stuff with musician's friend?

Was the price difference substantial? If so, then keep the newy, you could always custom green it.

Maybe as they screwed up they might get you a new one in green if you really don't want black.

If they can give you a new black for the price of a blemished green, surely they can just give you a new green.

Personally, I'd be chasing the green.

Comment

the difference was a couple of hundred. the more i look at the black one, the more i want the green one.

Comment

Man I would try and get that green one too.

Comment

can't believe it... musician's friend is willing to send out a new one to me. well, i'll get excited when i have it in my hands. will post pics when i get it too.

the reason i really wanted the green one the more i looked at the black one is b'cuz it look exactly like myt dxmg, less the bolt on. the neck even plays like it. so i had to have something different.

Comment

If they sent you a more expensive guitar, keep it. Otherwise, make them put things right.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Sounds like you just got yourself an awesome deal! Definitely post pics of that sucker once it arrives!

Comment

I'd say follow your heart on this one. Get what makes you happy. The one you got won't, as good as it may be. And those greens!

Comment

well, i shipped back the blk one. am getting a green one.

Comment

I would of done the same that green is really nice you will be happy

Comment

Well done Sir, the black one is nice because it is a Jackson after all, but green is the best colour ever, so the decision was an easy one, right?

Can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

Sounds like Musician's Friend are a pretty good company to deal with?

Comment

i'd say. but i think depends on the sales rep... some play strictly by the book and wouldn't do the swap. the one i spoke was sympathetic and so he went to ask his manager who said it was alright to send a new one. i couldn't believe it. they now have the guitar. monday it will be shipped. will definitely post pics. probably going to swap out the pickups first though. i already got a seymour duncan patb-1 parallel axis for the bridge. still thinking what i get for the neck.

Comment

EMG's.................they're not for everyone but they're definitely for me. I love the boxxy compressed digital sound.

One day most of my guitars will get them installed, except the JS30DK & the stratocasters.

Or maybe I should look at Blackouts........................

Comment

Meh. Put a JB in it Dammit, I just wanna see pics of this green guitar.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X