Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get a decent Jackson replacement trem arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a decent Jackson replacement trem arm?

I picked up a used DK and it appears the trem arm is not original. Even though I firmly tighten the collar to the tremolo, it looses when rotating the arm during normal use. It also has a little rattle play to it when it loosens which is frickin annoying. I compared it to my other DK2 with the original trem and that one doesn't get loose or rattle. I used that trem arm on the DK I just picked up and all is good. Also works great with a OFR trem arm I tried from my EVH. I believe the replacement arm is the one they sell at Guitar Center. I also tried one from Guitar Fetish which is nearly identical. Who sells original Jackson or OFR arms??

http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog...roducts_id=196

these come now with an allen head for the nut built in.

Edit- I'm not 100% sure these will work in the LFR. I do know that my OFR bar works in my LFR, so I'm assuming it would work.
    Last edited by Scooter; 02-15-2012, 02:29 AM.
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I have the same problem , after 2 grabs the bastard goes floppy..............

..........same as my tremolo

Comment

I just stuff the inside of the collar with a thin strip of foam. Works perfect, and is easily repeatable if the foam wears thin.

Comment

That seems to be a common issue with Floyds. I have a USA Charvel with an Original Floyd and a Promod and they both do the same thing. I've even had the bar fall completely off during a live performance. Believe me, looking for a black bar on a dark stage in the middle of a set is not fun.. or easy.
          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...molo_Arms.html

I ordered the Floyd Rose replacement arm/collar combo from the link above. No more issues for me. It is a Schaller branded product.

Comment

Thanks.I'll try stew Mac if I don't get any leads on the local Craigslist

Comment

I second Stewmac. I got a replacement trem bar for my PS4 from them last year.. Top Notch!
                Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

jb weld lol
                  Haters gonna hate
                  Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                    I second Stewmac. I got a replacement trem bar for my PS4 from them last year.. Top Notch!

This is 4+ years later I'm writing this but I've been searching everywhere for a replacement trem arm for mine! Do you know which trem arm you bought from stewmac?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Get one of these, and use the new collar also. http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_...loyd_Rose.html
                      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

^ordered one a few weeks ago, Fit perfectly into my JT580

Comment

I bought a Schaller replacement arm the other day...fits just fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X