NGD : DK2 Eerie Dess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD : DK2 Eerie Dess

So today I got a used DK2 MIJ Eerie Dess from Guitarcenter. This is my first Jackson and second electric guitar. First one was a cheap $100 guitar with double locking tremolo bought 10 years ago. Sold it 8 years back. Now I plan to start my hobby again . Sadly this guitar is without case . Price after damn CA tax and shipping was 320. Is this a good price? GuitarCenter has a good 30 day return policy. The guitar sounds fine. One ding as shown below. I did play it in store and looks ok. There was dust on the headstock and near pickups. Also the tone/volume pots have a scratchy sound only in 1 place. Probably some dust in them. Neck is straight. Frets are fine too. Floyd Rose is licensed. I will probably replace with OFR later on.

Anyone in CA Bay area help me set it up?
    Last edited by metaldood; 02-15-2012, 11:24 PM.

Congrats. Loved mine, but was afraid to play it much as I didn't want to chip the finish for an impossible repair. Mine was kinda bright sounding as I had a DK2M neck on it. Try some contact cleaner in the back of your pots, should take away that scratchy sound. Price is pretty good.
    Enjoy!

Comment

THE WHOLE GUITAR DUDE

Congrats, awesome guitar is the DK2.

Comment

971xxxx should be 2004
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The price is meh. Not too great and not horrible. Great would be $300 with case. Horrible would be $400 without case. Watch ebay auctions or go to some pawn shops to see if you can find something better for $320 before your 30 days are up. If not, keep it.

Comment

Updated with more pics. $300 would be possible but damn CA tax and $10 shipping. The guitar was 300 miles from my place. I am fearful of buying from ebay due to 'no return policy'.

I had a question regarding the floyd rose nut. Here is the pic. The clamp is bigger than the lower bracket so the clamps don't clamp the string with the whole surface area. Is this j580lp tremolo problem or do you think the previous owner changed them?

I tuned the guitar but I lose tuning after 2-3 whammys

Last edited by metaldood; 02-15-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Thats not right. Looks like there is some mismatch between the parts on that nut. Or it might not be assembled correctly but it looks like the clamps are wrong for the nut.

Comment

So what do you guys suggest?

Buy parts/return it back to GC/ buy Schaller FR
                Last edited by metaldood; 02-16-2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

This may be a trivial question, but have you tried rotating the clamp 180 degrees? It looks like it might fit 1 way only. In any event, you might want to just buy a set of new clamps.

Here's a listing on the 'bay, $10 w/ free shipping isn't terrible, worth it in my opinion to get your guitar up and running. It has measurements listed, so make sure they are correct for your nut. Also, if an item doesn't arrive as it was listed, you are allowed to return it under ebay policy (it would still be a hassle I admit):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Floyd-Rose-C...#ht_3091wt_902

Comment

I did try rotating the clamp with no luck. Thanks for the link. I did not know they were this cheap.

I calculated my clamp which is ~14mm. and nut is 4mm;

Will update when I receive the new clamps.
                    Last edited by metaldood; 02-16-2012, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Farking bollocks........I thought my JS was bad.

I had to pry the blocks out with a screwdriver until I filed them to fit correctly but that's just insane.

Comment

Make GC pay for them. Take it to a GC and tell them that they didn't disclose that this guitar was sold with the WRONG nut clamps.

You should not have to pay for this - make them pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          Make GC pay for them. Take it to a GC and tell them that they didn't disclose that this guitar was sold with the WRONG nut clamps.

You should not have to pay for this - make them pay for it.
                          Hmm that's what I thought but I will try to replace the clamps as I already ordered them. I can return the guitar within 30 days though.
                          Last edited by metaldood; 02-16-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Update :- I got the new clamps today. They seem to fit perfectly without any filing....rather too perfectly. Had to 'force fit' little bit.

Comment

Looking MUCH better.

Comment

Working...
                              X