No announcement yet.

making a Jackson RR5 from a JS30rr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether you made the parts or bought them, your work kicks ass. Keep it up.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

as i read the thread title i thought: WOW, this guy is making a neck-thru guitar out of a bolt-on version! how cool is that!
      after reading the thread i was a bit disappointed that you didn´t change the construction of the guitar, but never the less, great project and you did a great job on the guitar!

keep us updated!

Comment

Originally posted by joe web View Post
        as i read the thread title i thought: WOW, this guy is making a neck-thru guitar out of a bolt-on version! how cool is that!
        after reading the thread i was a bit disappointed that you didn´t change the construction of the guitar, but never the less, great project and you did a great job on the guitar!

keep us updated!
        Here as well! Although I do remember somebody doing that to an RR3 and it not looking too bad.

Very nice job! I wouldn't get sticker inlays though, wouldn't really cover the dots.

Comment

I actually like the smaller string plate you've made than the original

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
            oh, and go with EMG's for that badboy.....
            Hell Yeah

The 81 is God's personal favourite too.

Comment

Here she is ...

the Jackson humbuckers are staying for a while... I have only two switches on the control plate an "on\off" switch and selector switch for pickups... I like it simple :P

the shapes and the angles are a bit false but for a first project I think it came out good ...

Comment

Looks damn good man. Great work. Now, play that f*cker!

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                  Looks damn good man. Great work. Now, play that f*cker!
                  +1

Originally posted by insignificant View Post
                  the Jackson humbuckers are staying for a while...
                  Well, I've been rocking my KV JS30 lately (the one I got in a trade not too long ago) and I'm surprised by how good they sound with my Mini Rectifier. I really dig the neck PU.
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Firstly...........GTWGITS

And next..........awesome work, looks pretty damn fine. Those CVR's are great p'ups, considering the price.

Comment

That turned out great. Congrats.

Comment

Thank you guys

well I couldn't resist to play some heavy riffs yesterday ... my family was at sleep already but I had to wake 'em up oh I missed those heavy gauge strings :P

if you compare my guitar to an RR5 you can see how much I messed up the string plate angle xD ... damn it ...

Comment

Originally posted by insignificant View Post
                          Thank you guys

well I couldn't resist to play some heavy riffs yesterday ... my family was at sleep already but I had to wake 'em up oh I missed those heavy gauge strings :P

if you compare my guitar to an RR5 you can see how much I messed up the string plate angle xD ... damn it ...
                          I wouldn't worry about it that much to be honest. You weren't trying to make a clone I don't think. Rock on it a while, let it grow on you, wear the "new" off of it and see if it bothers you that much in a month or two. If it does... you already know you can fix it, do it again, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                            I actually like the smaller string plate you've made than the original

same here

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                              Here as well! Although I do remember somebody doing that to an RR3 and it not looking too bad.

Very nice job! I wouldn't get sticker inlays though, wouldn't really cover the dots.
                              They give you brown dots in the pack to hide the dots.
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X