Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 or DKMG on CL

Great to join Jackson forums. Good source of valuable information here

Ok folks I wonder what is your opinion on this?

DKMG 2008-09 #9829933 $400

J580LP, Original case, strings etc. Everything stock. 80 miles away one way from my place

or DK 2 Eerie Dess $400 ... 10 miles from my place

Second owner Dragon fire active pickups

Thanks! What should I do?
    Last edited by metaldood; 02-08-2012, 11:03 AM.

DK2. They're quite different guitars though. Go with the configuration you prefer.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Why do you prefer DK2?

Comment

I prefer the inlays, standard headstock, and most of all the EDS paint! But that's just me. No real difference in quality, except for maybe those questionable pickups. Plus I hate EMGs. Again, just personal preference.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Oh okay. No problem.

Anyone else??

Comment

I'd go with the DK2 for the finish. I like the EDS finish.. I like the Piranha inlays on the other one, and if I'm not mistaken, it's that hunter green finish which is a little more uncommon, but I think the price is a bit high.
            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I just picked up a DK2 Eerie Dess last week from a guy on CL. It is in better condition than that one and came with a hardshell case. I paid $300 for mine. I would definitely try and talk him down. Hopefully he has a case for it.
              Matt

Fender,Charvel and Jackson Guitars..........What more do you need

Comment

for playability i'd go with the dkmg. it's a great guitar. the paint job on the dk2 is nice to some (but not my cup of tea). dragonfire pups are ok. but the resale value is low (if you ever sell it). plus the paint chips and the fact that the dk2 doesn't come with a case.... i'd say those dk2s with swirl paint are worth about $300 on feebay. that's why i'd go wtih the dkmg. anyway, either one i'd talk down the price.

Comment

Yes he has DK2 comes with hardshell case( forgot to add that in OP). I am regularly checking CL and feebay for past month or so for DKMG's DK2's but always see $350 plus + shipping.

Comment

i don't check them that often but last i checked they're around 300. one is even priced at $224.
                    just checked guitar center's used gear site. there's a couple now that's $300 plus shipping.
                    Last edited by moku; 02-09-2012, 03:14 AM.

Comment

If the DKMG had the EDS finish i'd nab it coz I love EMG's & reverse headstocks & already have 2 DK2's.

Comment

DK2 FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by moku View Post
                          i don't check them that often but last i checked they're around 300. one is even priced at $224.
                          just checked guitar center's used gear site. there's a couple now that's $300 plus shipping.
                          But would be recommended to buy something after seeing it in person and playing it,right?

Comment

Working...
                          X