ID Help please! USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID Help please! USA?

This is listed as a "Jackson Professional Strat" on my local CL, but I know it's newer than their line that actually said "Professional" on the headstock...?

I can't figure out what it is...but I'm attaching a couple of pics of it...seems to have a nice non-Floyd trem on it, maple neck/fretboard, and see through black
    finish. Also has a Seymour Duncan Blackout??? Any idea of the model of it? Wondering if it's worth the $500 the guys is asking..

Thanks for any help!

Jackson Pro DK2HT - Metallic Black
    Peavey 6505mh
    Blackstar HTV 112 Cab

looks like a mutt....

Comment

What neck is that? And is that even a Jackson body?
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Need better pics
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

And a serial number would help determine age/origin.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Looks like a JRS-2. Import, Wilkinson trem, ash body. The blackout p/u is not original though. $500 is too much.

Comment

$250 if it has a hard case.
              If the seller says I have $100 in the pick up and $250 in the body $150 in the neck he is out of his mind adding up the cost to justify his price I would pass.Its a mutt and worth $250.00
              Last edited by straycat; 02-05-2012, 12:24 PM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It's not a mutt. It's a JRS-2 like surfdork stated.
                http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1997Page03.jpg
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Model4 View Post
                  This is listed as a "Jackson Professional Strat" on my local CL, but I know it's newer than their line that actually said "Professional" on the headstock...?
                  If it says Professional, why would you be asking if it's USA? Any Professional is Japanese.

Comment

Thanks for the info on it guys! I knew I had seen one at some point with that type trem, and single hum...

And Toejam, the CL ad says Jackson Professional Strat...I can't actually see the headstock, but I don't think it actually says professional on it. I think
                    it's just a word the guy is using to describe it, because didn't the Professional's actually say it on the headstock?

Anyways, thanks again, big help...that's why I love this forum!
                    Jackson Pro DK2HT - Metallic Black
                    Peavey 6505mh
                    Blackstar HTV 112 Cab

Comment

It will say Professional on it. If it's USA, then it will say Made In USA, but the boards on those will have no inlays.

Comment

Yeah as Toe said, its a JRS-2, the JRS-1 is similar but has no inlays on the board
                        http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1997Page03.jpg

I can kind of make out "Professional" on the headstock as well, the text is bigger than "Made in USA" so is easy to spot even in small, grainy pics

I cant comment on its value, but the quality is right up there, top of the range japanese, like a Model series charvel with an ash body

Comment

hmm i have exactly the same guitar with the original pickup (kent armstrong distortion) weird but fucknig clean sound... it's a jrs-2 from 1997 professionnal series, the neck of mine is rosewood but maple is interesting too. the neck is really a fucknig nice piece of wood, these were limited run of 200 or 300 dont remember, if you have a chance to get it for a bit less, dont waste that chance because only the neck is better than the kelly xl and dinky xl.

the neck worth a try that's 110% sure

Comment

yes 500 is too much but thinking 250 with case is good price, try to get a 250$ guitar new with a case, you wont come up with a js and the jrs is 10000000000000000000x time the js right!

Comment

no arm ?

Comment

Working...
                              X