New cheap Guitar Day! JS30KV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cheap Guitar Day! JS30KV

Well, as I told ya all in another thread. I had a Zoom G2 lil' FX unit for sale and someone asked to trade a Jackson JS30KV for it.

I know JS30 Jacksons aren't cool as their bottom of the line guitars, but I think I got a good and cool trade.

Doesn't look bad except for the big knobs:

Plays great. (I already own a Kelly JS30 even gigged a few times with it in stock form) so that new KV is very similar.

It needs a full setup as it feels a bit "stiff" and the action is a bit high for my taste.

PUs on these aren't bad (even have 4 wires if I recall well) but will eventualy replace them.

I'm thinking installing either a pair of chrome PUs or white or even blue. Will have to play with the guitar generator soon.

This guitar wasn't played. Top and neck have no scratches, the lil' screws are still painted, not even a trace of corrosion. Fret edges were still sharp and both fins' ends perfect. Only the back had some scratches and small dents. May be a guitar that hang for too long in a store.

All in all, I like it. I think the color is cool. My 3 kids loved it, they said it's "chill"!

It's my first encounter with a "V" type guitar. Always wanted one. Discovered it's almost impossible to play this while sitting but standing up it's great.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Seems like a top deal, might be cheap range but they are still great axes.

I'd trade my gran for one..............oh wait, she's no longer with us, no trade then.

Comment

Good show, eh! Play some Megadeth on it!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cheap guitars can rock, too!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Doesn't play as good as my EBMM JP6 but it's definitely not a bad guitar and it looks cool.
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
          X