Need info on a DKMG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on a DKMG.

Looking to go buy a DKMG today but I don't know much about them. I've searched the net and found out they are alder body 2 humbuckers, archtop, maple neck with rosewood board and EMG-HZ pickups. The guy says it's a 96 and I'm not sure if anything was different on those older ones. Here's the ad from Craigslist. http://desmoines.craigslist.org/msg/2727602071.html
    Any help would be greatly appreciated..
    Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 01-08-2012, 10:24 AM.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Bump
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Correct me if im wrong but the old dkmgs had passive emg hz pickups with turbo charger option but the newer models dont have the turbo charger options but they have active emg 81/85 pickups. Thats all i can help with ..Both made in japan alder body and the usual..

Comment

Originally posted by Rakib View Post
        Correct me if im wrong but the old dkmgs had passive emg hz pickups with turbo charger option but the newer models dont have the turbo charger options but they have active emg 81/85 pickups. Thats all i can help with ..Both made in japan alder body and the usual..
        That is correct. $200 is a good price for it considering it's the older one.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
          Looking to go buy a DKMG today
          But you have tomanyjacksons

Comment

1^I understand your point, but I must disagree completely. Thanks for the info it has been helpful in my decision to go ahead and get it. Is the turbocharger the same thing as the afterburner that EMG makes?
            Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 01-08-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
              1^Is the turbocharger the same thing as the afterburner that EMG makes?
              Yes , it is the afterburner thing made by emg. I just took out th emg hz h3's , and swapped them with an emg JH set with th18 volt mod and kept the afterburner in it.... It's pretty sweet.

Comment

200 is about what I paid for my DKMG

Comment

I paid more for my DKMG, it's the newer version with the emg's. Pretty good guitar. But since I have added a few more, it's at the bottom of the pile for now. If I ever decide for a refinish, this will be the one that gets a snakeskin.

Comment

200 is a good deal.

Comment

I got it and it's not a 1996. I took it apart and it's a 2003. It has the 81 and 85 setup in it. cool enough, I'll wire another battery in it and later get the afterburner for it. EMGs sound their best when they are 18v. I like the neck and all I hope it was a good deal I'm happy with it. One curious thought though, it has 1 volume and 2 tones. I'm not seeing them that way without the passives.
                      Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 01-08-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Is it the guitar in the picture? The one in the pic looks like the older hz version as it has the 3 control knobs. Its either a modded newer one or a modded older one in the pic. I dont think the real emg versions ever had 3 knobs.

Comment

I was the same way Carbuff but the wiring looks factory and there's a cutout in the cavity for the battery.:think:

Comment

Maybe they used some leftover bodies from the hz series?

Comment

That's all I can come up with. It's a cool little guitar. I have to clean all of the finger turds off of it, it's a mess. But I like it so far and that can only get better.

Comment

Working...
                              X