Would like some info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like some info please

I recently purchased a Jackson Ke3 from a local music store used for 400 bucks. I'm new to Jackson guitars and I have always dreamed of owning one. I was wondering if anyone on this forum is good enough to decipher a serial number "9839343" for me. I have no idea where or when this guitar was made or what the thing is worth. I went from a Korean made Squier strat and holy shit this Jackson is amazing and very easy to play. So if someone could give me some info on this guitar I would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Most likely MIJ. Info regarding the make, model and year is usually stamped in the neck pocket and on the heel of the neck. Next time you change the strings it might be worth it to take the neck off.

Comment

So is made in Japan good?

Comment

Much better than you think. Its a good guitar indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by gravesmeister View Post
          So is made in Japan good?
          Yes, quality is excellent. All of my Jackson guitars are MIJ.

Comment

Ive have not owned a USA so I cant compare, but my MIJ are amazing. Everyone who has played them agrees as well.

Comment

Well that's good news. I kind of already knew that it was good quality because I've played several guitars over the years and this one is by far the best sounding and easiest to play.

Comment

7 digit serial starting with 9 equals Japan.

983 should be fairly recent, but I'm a bit fuzzy on the post 2007s.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I want to thank everyone who posted . This is by far the nicest guitar I've owned and hopefully I didn't get ripped by the 400 dollar price tag, LOL. Here is a pic of the new axe
                  https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Comment

None More Black!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I own a Blue one just like it except for the pickups.Mine has the Duncan design pickups.Serial #9611xxx,I love IT!!Came with Jackson/Charvel logo hard shell case. I was at the right place at the right time when i bought it for $75.00 at a pawn shop.I picked it up and was looking at it and notice that the bridge pickup ring was broke and a lot of the screws were rusty,I thought this guy is gonna want at least $200. for it so i put it back on the wall hanger.I then acted like i was not interested and had my son ask about it.The guy talked it over with his partner and told my son $75.00.I immediately said sold.Did'nt check the electronic,just made sure the neck was true and no major damage to the body,it was all good.Then the guy brings out the HSC which also had the trem bar in it.To me that was just an added bonus.Replace the pickup rings,output jack and some screws and been playing that baby since...I will be posting some photo's in the show me your Kelly's thread soon. Just call me lucky....YEAH!!!!!
                      Antonio22
                      P.S. I usually don't rant about things but i thought you all might like the story behind my KE3.

Comment

Working...
                      X