Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Trans Blue Stealth Professional - New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a new member and just picked up a Stealth Professional last night or at least I think thats what it is. The tremelo is missing, which I believe a JT-580 is the correct one for this guitar. It is also missing the truss rod cover and the back plate. SN is 929229. Can anyone help in Id'ing this guitar? This is my first Jackson. Here's a couple quick pics:

~ JT ~
    1993 Jackson Stealth Professional / 1996 Jackson Performer PS4
    2002 BC Rich Warlock / 1989 BC Rich Gunslinger II
    1996 Fender Fat Strat / 1999 Fender 70's Reissue Stratocaster
    1996 Fender Precision Lyte Bass / 2002 Fender Jazz Bass
    1989 Aria Pro II XRB Lefthanded Bass
    www.wickedreputation.com
    www.astronautjonesnj.com

is the input jack on the front face of the guitar? I don't think I've ever seen a Jackson/Charvel with the input jack on the front. Very interesting trans finish.
    Sam

Comment

Yes, the jack goes right into the body there. Kind of cool. According to the Audiozone website, it appears to be a Stealth but I can't determine what year (1992 maybe?) and if its an EX, LT, PRO or XL. It makes a difference with the Tremelo as its either a JT-580, 590 or 580LP.

Also does anyone have the correct truss rod cover and back plate that covers the Tremelo springs? Thanks!
      ~ JT ~
      www.wickedreputation.com
      www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

ok. Ron (RacerX) is our resident serial number expert and should be chiming in soon. Good luck and welcome to the board.

Looks like a stealth XL from this page: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1992Page09.jpg
        Last edited by emperor_black; 12-13-2011, 06:13 PM.
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          is the input jack on the front face of the guitar? I don't think I've ever seen a Jackson/Charvel with the input jack on the front.
          common to the Stealth family. Because of the contouring of the body, there isn't enough side wall for a jack

Very nice, JTF. Welcome to the JCF & congrats on your new axe. I have it's cousin, the Fusion Plus, also a trans finish over ash.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. My buddy Rich has a huge collection, lots of Jackson's, Deans, BC Rich, etc. I have caught the bug and started to pick up a few for own, much smaller collection. There was something about this guitar that said save me.
            ~ JT ~
            www.wickedreputation.com
            www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

Very nice looking guitar. Great character to the grain, and a cool shade of blue.

Beware, if you have caught the bug, this place will only make it worse.

Comment

The stealth body is cool. They should make it as a neckthru with an ebony board, 24 frets, and double humbuckers

Comment

That is a stealth xl 92 93 ash body and thetrem was a JT-580lp

Comment

Originally posted by wearevenom2 View Post
                    That is a stealth xl 92 93 ash body and thetrem was a JT-580lp
                    Thatnks Wearevenom2. I was leaning towards the XL but wanted someone in the know to confirm. I'll start my search for an lp tremelo as well as the correct missing plates
                    ~ JT ~
                    www.wickedreputation.com
                    www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

I already posted the link in my reply. Probably you missed it. Your guitar seems to be similar to the yellow one in the catalog. Here is the Link. That website has probably all the info you'll ever need to find out about your guitar.
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        I already posted the link in my reply. Probably you missed it. Your guitar seems to be similar to the yellow one in the catalog. Here is the Link. That website has probably all the info you'll ever need to find out about your guitar.
                        I did see the link but just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the help.
                        ~ JT ~
                        www.wickedreputation.com
                        www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

Nice score. I believe you will need a takeuchi 580lp as the string spacing is a lil different. Someone correct me if im wrong. It may be that u can replace a takeuchi with a newer one, but not vice versa...maybe....

Comment

Sweet body...
                            sigpic
                            Action Jackson

Comment

I thought the 580's could be replaced with a real Floyd? It'd probably be easier to find.
                              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                              X