Need Help identifing Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help identifing Jackson

I picked up a Jackson Guitar at a pawn shop for my son. It has no made in USA anywhere on it and no other made in ?? Anyways number stamped on neck plate is 9691457 with Jackson on it of course. 4 pick ups. A double Duncan Designed, A single Duncan Designed and a Sustaniac up near the neck. A Licsened under Floyd Rose Pats. tremolo. 5 switches. 3 knobs and 2-3 position switches, plus the typical switch 5 position switch. Rosewood fingerboard +Pearl shark fin inlays. I love the guitar but really dont know anything about it. Like what year? Value? Did I get ripped? Will try to get pics on later. Thanks for any help.

Sorry I think I posted it twice.

Comment

Pics would definitely help. From the serial number it's either a Made in India or Made in Japan guitar.

As to did you get ripped? Well without pics it's hard to just and you didn't really say how much you paid for it?

Also shouldn't most research/questioning be done PRIOR to purchasing? I mean if it spoke to you for your son then that's definitely cool.

Comment

Thanks. And yes I should have questioned before hand but for the last 3yrs my son has told me he would give anything for a Jackson. So I bought it. Guy at the shop didnt seem to know much about it either. I gave $300.00 for it. It has a kinda see through finish on it and what looks like Tiger Maple? for the body. Gonna get some pics later and post.

Comment

DK2S, they retail for 999 bucks new, but with SD pickups since 2005, so I guess yours is 2003 or 2004. Maybe Ron has some more detailed info on the serial no.

I'd say 300 was a good price if the condition is good.
          Last edited by levantin; 11-26-2011, 02:35 PM.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

7 digit serial starting with 9 means a DK, & that top sounds like Flame Maple. If it's in good nick then you got a bargain.

Comment

Id say dk2s also.

300 is a good price.

Comment

Thanks guys. Thats why I signed up here I knew you guys could help me out. Its got a few scratches and a couple dings. Been played but my boy loves it. That makes it all worth while. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
                  From the serial number it's either a Made in India or Made in Japan guitar.
                  ?? Either Japan OR India? No.

Originally posted by Force View Post
                  7 digit serial starting with 9 means a DK,
                  ??

Where are you guys getting this?

7 digit ser # starting with 9 means MIJ.

I ID'd OP's guitar as a Made in Japan 2003 DK2S in the other thread.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

sounds like a great deal!.......
                      I assume you have replaced the 9v battery and fired up the sustainer?.....

Comment

Working...
                      X