Ngd dk2m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd dk2m

Just got this DK2M a few days ago. It came with a pup in the bridge position I can't identify and an Air Norton in the neck pos. I'm impressed with the AN, but upgraded the bridge to a Tone Zone. I also upgraded the bridge to a brass L block. For some reason whoever owned this guitar reversed the tone and volume knobs. :think: I was able to switch them back to their stock positions without soldering. Seems like such a strange mod as were the Strat knobs (one of which was glued to the potentiometer). I replaced those with Jackson knobs. All of the grounding wires and screws were removed, too! :think:

Thinking about swapping out all of the black hardware for chrome as well as chrome rings and white pups, but just plan on playing it for now.

Looks better and sounds great now! It has such an aggressive tone and great harmonic response. Some of the things that usually bug me--like jumbo frets--aren't an issue at all on this guitar since the tone is so good.

Jackson really should offer a percentage of their import models with Maple fret boards. It has such a positive impact on tone. I wish the el cheapo trem they used had a base plate with the same dimensions as an OFR so dropping one in would be an option.

A couple pics for you:

Congrats!

I bought one myself this past summer, except mine still had the stock JB/Jazz pups... A dandy little axe!

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Spawn View Post
      Congrats!

I bought one myself this past summer, except mine still had the stock JB/Jazz pups... A dandy little axe!
      This is the best DK2 I've owned so far!

Comment

Loved mine! I sacrificed it for parts for my DK2/M project. Still got my body in hopes of finding another DK2M neck:

Comment

Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
          Loved mine! I sacrificed it for parts for my DK2/M project. Still got my body in hopes of finding another DK2M neck
          The body and hardware are a bit too plain for my tastes on the stock DK2M model. I like your upgrade. It's a big improvement.

Comment

Thank you Sir! I like your white body. Mine is the red.

Comment

I got one last year too, and it's one of my main players. Upgraded to white pups and custom white rings. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                Upgraded to white pups and custom white rings. I love it.
                That works! I like white paint with chrome and white pups--almost like some of the soloists I've seen...

Comment

Congrats, I love the DK2s. I agree with you on the maple too, but wish I could get a plain maple board with dot inlays. Mine is a HSS type with rosewood, I never use the singles but what a nice playing and sounding guitar.

Comment

Cool man, I got a white one too a couple of months ago, I put in Dimarzios and a big block, big change for sure.
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Here's mine with the white pups and white rings

Comment

I'm a big fan of these. I have one in white, completely stock. I was tempted to buy a used one in the crimson swirl quite recently, but it sold before I could decide whether to go for it or not. I'd definitely love to grab another at some point.

And yeah, I want more models with the maple fretboards. Definitely! For me, changing the fretboard on a Jackson to the maple w/ black sharkies can send the guitar from a "meh" to an "OMG I must have it!".
                        I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                          Here's mine with the white pups and white rings

I think that looks a lot better!

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
                            And yeah, I want more models with the maple fretboards. Definitely! For me, changing the fretboard on a Jackson to the maple w/ black sharkies can send the guitar from a "meh" to an "OMG I must have it!".
                            How do we convince Jackson to offer more DK's with Maple fret boards?

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                              I think that looks a lot better!
                              So do I. I've tried to find the same Jackson knobs in white, but I can't find them anywhere. And my ultimate goal is a white floyd!

Comment

Working...
                              X