Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was robbed! Robbed I say!! (DK2S content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was robbed! Robbed I say!! (DK2S content)

So I've been wanting a DK2S for a while. I regularly search the GC used site. The best prices I've found have been about $450-$500. Tonight I search and I find one in Seattle in purple for $275!!

Needless to say I'm on the phone and the deal is on. I talk to the guy make arrangements and it's payment time. I grab my GC card (6 months interest free you know) and then it hits me. This might be my older card. GC canceled my first account for lack of use. I give my old card to my 3 year old to play with. So the guy runs it and says it's the old one. I say hold on and let me look for it. Frantic search=no card. I let him go to call GC and get the account number. As soon as I hang up I find the card! I call back.

Guy" Did you just call here a second ago and talk to someone else about the guitar?"

Me. "No"

Guy" Hold on we might have a problem."

Pause.

Guy "I'm sorry but it just sold to a guy on Long Island. While I was waiting for you to call back he called and bought the guitar."

Unbelievable.

AAAAC-iU5ucAAAAAALUj5Q.jpg
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Just the facts that you had a gc credit card that was deactivated due to inactivity and that you got a new one and it isn't maxed out blows my mind. Lol I refuse to get one because I know I couldn't handle it.

But that really sucks man, im always paranoid about that when Im looking at gear. In the bright side tho, usually when gc has something used priced that low, you don't want it. Lol
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Looks like it wasn't meant to be... Sorry to hear that!
        Another reason to loath GC.
        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Nah I don't loathe them. It's my own fault for grabbing the wrong card.

However it would have been nice if the guy could have suspended the purchase in the system while I got the right card.

I might not get that kind of deal again, but another good deal will come around. I've been really lucky with GC used. You just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Comment

It wasnt me, I swear. Really, it wasnt me. Sorry to hear you got sniped. Bummer.

Comment

That does suck. ive been wanting one too. I actually have a fernandes kit but no guitar to put it in. unless...........

Comment

Watch on there I have seen 5 in the last year that price or less. I bought a purple one and removed the sustainiac for a project for 180
                Haters gonna hate
                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                  That does suck. ive been wanting one too. I actually have a fernandes kit but no guitar to put it in. unless...........
                  You sell your kit to me?

And...

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                    Watch on there I have seen 5 in the last year that price or less. I bought a purple one and removed the sustainiac for a project for 180
                    You sell me the purple one minus sustainiac and I'm all set!

Comment

Working...
                    X