Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customising a JS30 - KV (if it don't sell first...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customising a JS30 - KV (if it don't sell first...)

Ok, well, Im back again... and after much overtime iv had the great idea of revamping a guitar iv listed for sale, but probably hit that point of no return in the spending stakes....

Shes a Jackson JS30 i believe...

So far -
    Sharpened the fret angle, refinished the fretboard, hard mounted the neck and used hi tension bolts for greater sustain, chopped out the super wet stock pickups for EMG 81/81 (notably both are F-Spaced bridge pick ups, so the sound is less muddy on neck than using usual EMG package) Iv swapped the POT for the usual EMG item, but iv hard wired part of it and used better quality connectors / wires for the rest. 18V as per, EMG AB instead of tone, and an uprated (slightly) heavy duty 3-way, not as hardcore as the kelly switchmasters effort but still slick and fast - iv had to re-drill the bridge mounting holes and new posts to get the action low enough, and iv also re shaped and polished the saddles as they were a bit gash to be honest - also metal Pick up rings and doubled up with harder tension springs for rock solid pick up mounting
    obviously garnished with the usual LCSUK kill switch cover, 3" DiMarzio clip strap and LCSUK truss cover -
    Got the item with a few scratches, and foolishly had it resprayed black by a friends custom shop - WHY BLACK! anyways....

Current plan is, send off the neck for scalloping, refinish the body in desert DPM cammo with white bevels and most likely some kind of feature on the front (number or something) and in super high gloss.....

This was replaced as my "weapon of choice" by my USA KV2 - so if its doing anything it has to be fun!

Ideas please!
    "If I'm in A-B and your in E-e on the 3rd fret, little string, while I'm back here, on the 7th fret big A... are we in tune?"

"If I'm in A-B and your in E-e on the 3rd fret, little string, while I'm back here, on the 7th fret big A... are we in tune?"

Comment

bare with - photo buckets being long!

Comment

Comment

Comment

it nice to some project time to time. i have j-40 jackson bass waiting inspiration. have nice time with her take look my project cheers jackson stars rr

Comment

NJHL, huh? Hmmm, interesting. Yours must be a late 2008, as I've seen the old India serial number format in '08 also (2008xxxxx).
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X