Pro series hardware color question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro series hardware color question

I'm looking and I see that some Pros have black hardware and some have chrome. What's the timeline of these changes? I seem to remember knowing at one time but it slips my mind.

RacerX should chime in any second now with that information but i will take a gamble and say it's around '06.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Yep, this one I learned from the school of Ron.
      In 2006 they switched to black hardware and Seymour Duncan pickups. Prior to that they used chrome hardware and Duncan Designed pickups.
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Very good, class!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ok. But why does the Jackson site show the DK2S with chrome hardware? Is it the only model with chrome hardware?

Comment

It's an older pic with Duncan Designed pickups too. The newer version should have black hardware as well.
            Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X