Never had to ask this before...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never had to ask this before...

I found what I suspect is a killer deal on a Dinky,but not 100% on what model.

What I found LOOKS like an EDS DK2,but has the chrome hardware instead of black. Is this a JS series,or a NOS DK2 with chrome? I didn't get a chance to check serial,but what I saw of it this thing is MINTY,factory setup with funky,prob original strings,and no finger goo or even fret wear,with all case goodies.

Thanks in advance,Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

SO the question is.....??
    pics would help the gurus here.

Comment

EDS = DK2. What pickups? Duncan Designed?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

My eds dk2 had chrome hardware and dd pickups. Are the newer ones different?

Comment

Yeah, they went to black hardware and real Duncans after 2006 era.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I figured this was a NOS as soon as I saw it. As mentioned,the pickups are certainly original,and must be DD because there is no logo on them. The trem is still sittin up at the typical funky,non-adjusted factory angle. I saw no pick swirls,fretboard grime or ANY play wear at all. With a little haggle,I can get it for less than 300,even with full tag price right at 325. Tommy D.
            "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Chrome hardware and DD pickups just means it's from before 2006. A DK2 will have a bound rosewood fretboard with MOTO sharkies. $325 is about what you can get for one of these on ebay, so try to get the price down to $275. And doesn't TN have a nice, almost 10% sales tax? Tell them you'll take it for $300 out the door.

Comment

Going to go talk to them tomorrow and see if they can be worked with. I looked on Ebay and found them in a wildly varied price range depending on condition. For whatever reason,I see this one making perhaps 50% profit if flipped,as it is as close to unplayed as I have personally ever seen. Yes,Tennessee is proud of their 9.75% sales tax,LOL. Tommy D.

Comment

Working...
                X