Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Standard Professional

Hi guys,

Someone in London is selling a Kelly Standard Professional for £130 ($200). It has been advertised for a couple of weeks and price has been dropping and dropping. It is metallic blue and looks to be good condition. Owner is quoting year as between 1993-1995. I am seriously considering a cheeky offer of between £80-£100. Only snag is he has added a P90 to the bridge and a GFS humbucker in the bridge (which I have never heard of). Bridge humbucker also has a coil-tap not sure if this is factory or original.

I need to act fast on this so if anyone can help with:

(1) Is the Kelly Standard a decent axe?
    (2) What is fair market value for one?
    (3) Is fitting Dimarzio/Duncans relatively easy?

Thanks!

it is a more than decent axe. $200 would be a good price for it. fitting pickups is easy. might want to check that P90 install before buying - did he have to cut the guitar to fit that?

ps. the coiltap is not original.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by 1994 View Post
      Hi guys,
      (1) Is the Kelly Standard a decent axe?
      (2) What is fair market value for one?
      (3) Is fitting Dimarzio/Duncans relatively easy?
      1. the professional series were great players.
      2. 200 is very good. i'd get her right away!
      3. pickup swaps are easy.

just get her!

Comment

Thanks guys. Seller is only contactable by email so I put an email in yesterday to go and check it out with view to buy - no response yet but if I get the chance I will buy.

The body has a few dings on the lower horn but nothing major. Main problem will be carrying it home on the tube!

I will keep my eyes peeled for a professional Kelly Standard/XL or Dinky Standard/XL - definitely want to add these to the collection.

Comment

1. Yes, I have one. Just like a Kelly XL Pro without the sharkies.
          2. I paid $200 for mine a few years ago.
          3. Yes, changing pickups is extremely easy if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Coil-split is not original.
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X