Birthday Dinky Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Dinky Part Deux

My first JCF post was a fail. Put it in the wrong section.
    My Dad bought a used Dinky for my birthday . Played it all day for the last three days. I like the size of it and it makes me feel as though I'm playing faster, don't know if I am. And everyone likes to look at photos so I thought I would put it in my first post on here. I like the forum and everyone's else's guitar pics, mine is just not as cool as most.
    http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...isunavailable/
    Serial number 604839 with a fine mettalic in the paint. That's about all I know about it. Doesn't say Professional on it, although the craigslist ad said it was, but the guy also was full of crap
    Last edited by JacksonRocks; 07-28-2011, 10:52 AM. Reason: because I don't proof read DOH!

welcome & congrats on the new guitar. Play the shit out of it!

bit of a tilt on that bridge - you messed around with locking trems before?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks! No, I suppose it shows! LOL! Is there anything you could tell me about it? I really didn't want to come on here and start asking a lot of questions that I should find for myself. Google hasn't been my friend. The guy said it was bought before Fender bought into Jackson. So I'm guessing it is about ten years old. It makes my B.C. Rich Virgo's neck seem so thick. I like the Dinky a lot more.

Comment

ideally your trem will sit parallel with the travel of the strings. The locking trem balances on the bridge posts and the tension of the strings and the springs in the back of the guitar are what create that balance.

To level the bridge, remove the cover on the back of the guitar that provides access to the trem springs.

There are two screws that attach the claw to the far end of the spring cavity. Unscrew the claw that the springs attach to by a couple of turns. This will raise the bridge slightly but will also lower the pitch of your strings.

Retune. Check the level of the bridge.

If the bridge now sits too high, detune the strings slightly and screw the claw in slightly. If the bridge is still too low, repeat my earlier instruction.

Retune. Repeat until satisfied.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

It will take several retunes to get it right, after turning the cavity screws, maybe 5-8 times. It could take an hour or more to get it set right, after you get it set right and level with your guitar face you can adjust intonation with a digital tuner... With your guitar intune, Start with the Low E, pluck the 12th fret. If its sharp turn the saddle adjustment screw a 1/4th a turn left to make the string longer, flat go right, keep on turning 1/4th a turn til its perfect. continue and repeat with all strings..
          Should play like budda

Looks more like a DX10D reverse but I aint not pro

Comment

I knew it didn't set correct and will adjust, and retune. Thanks! Dad bought the Dinky for $175 and mom bought me a new pedal. You would not believe how much gunk and funk I got off the Dinky. The color changed after cleaning. Must of ate while he played.

Comment

DX10D is the model I believe

Welcome
              Haters gonna hate
              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X