My first Ivory RR5 on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Ivory RR5 on the way

Well I finally pulled the trigger and bought myself an ivory RR5, course its not the concord...meh...for the difference in price I'll survive

I buy/sell a lot of gear looking for the perfect guitar, Im hoping this is the 'ONE' if its not , Im going to hafta crap out a couple grand for a USA. which means I probably wont get any late night trim from the wifey for a year or so.... worth it? YES!!!

This one has the Seymour Duncan JB's but Im thinking of replacing them with my white EMG X set.

Has anyone compared the RR5 to a USA and is there a lot of difference?

I owned an RR5 (white w/pins) and it was a good guitar but the USA's (RR1T, RR1) are better for certain. Whether the difference is noticable or worth it is up to the individual. RR5's do not suck however. They are great guitars.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

+1 on the RR5, it kicks ass

Comment

Congrats, that's a hell of an axe. I was searching for one used when I ended up getting my RR5FR. Needless to say, and ivory RR5 is still on my list. Pics when you get it!!!
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Mindstein View Post
          which means I probably wont get any late night trim from the wifey for a year or so....
          Your wife charges you, huh?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey I seen one on GC used for like 499 black headstock, ivory w/silver hardware. and one for 550 white headstock/gold hardware
            Last edited by Mindstein; 07-26-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I got one last week for £300. I knew it was bargain, one just went on ebay for £450 plus postage!

You'll love it, they look fucking awesome and play great too.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mindstein View Post
                Hey I seen one on GC used for like 499 black headstock, ivory w/silver hardware. and one for 550 white headstock/gold hardware
                Ivory w/ black headstock would be the bolt-on one.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Last I knew musicians friend had a natural finish rr5 for $499
                  Gear :
                  2009 Jackson KE3 Kelly
                  2007 Jackson DKMGT Dinky
                  1997 Fender Standard Strat
                  2011 Ibanez SR 500
                  2013 Peavey Bandit 112
                  2013 Peavey Max 115 ii
                  1985 Peavey Bandit Solo 65
                  Digitech GNX 3000

Comment

Well I got the RR5, even though it plays like a monster, its got some unfavorable damage. Someone didn't like the balance so they rebalanced it by drilling in 3 more strap screw holes in the back...Not cool. Being a whiny prick I am, this aint my keeper. Gonna take a loss on this one

Comment

That was undisclosed damage? Unreal. I think you would be better off returning it than trying to resell it like that. It doesnt matter if the seller says no returns, as that is significantly not as described, and paypal should back you up on that. Unreal.

Comment

[OJvoice]Yeah really, man! [/OJvoice]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I hope you can return it. If not, post in the classifieds. I'd love to have a nice beater Rhoads that I'm not scared of.
                          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Working...
                          X