Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another ID please - stealth professional??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another ID please - stealth professional??

Hey - another ID question for y'all -

Here are some photos for ID - the guy who is selling it says it's a stealth, he bought it in 95 and has the following label on it: TH1-GPH. :think: Looks like a bad paint job to me...but I maybe they came like this? Any info - good or bad? worth? - would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Pics:

"What solace lies in the arms of fate"

I think some of them came with the wood grain showing through like that, but that particular piece looks worn as well.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Edit - Ralph got it (I was fartin' around in the mid 90s catalogs)
      Last edited by RacerX; 07-25-2011, 08:51 PM.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Looks like a '96/97 steath TH1, color is GPH (Graphite)

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1996Page13.jpg

Comment

Wow - yes it does! Thanks. I searched "stealth" on audiozone, but didn't find that. Thanks! (Although graphite looks a lot like...um...black to me??)

And what is the trem on there? Any good?

And is this worth the $150 this guy is asking?? Usually I feel nervous when looking at something that's advertised cheap. Makes me wonder if it's a POS, or if something is wrong with it. Ya know what I mean??

Comment

Buy it, and if you dont like it, its worth at least that parted, or...sell it so someone else for the same price, you could probably move it quick again at $150.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Thanks for all the info and advice. Yeah, I'll see what it's like in person and if it works, I'll probably get it. So do you guys think the paint job is original? Looks funky, like a paint over.

Comment

Looks like the original finish to me, check out the blue TH2 in this:
                http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1997Page17.jpg

I believe it is an Ash body painted to show the grain, but it may have been sprayed over with black
                Personally i think it is kinda cool

Good luck!

Comment

I have a TH2 Stealth with the blue satin finish over ash (same "woodgrain" look) and it's one of my favorite guitars. It has a two-point fulcrum trem instead of the licensed Floyd, and 3+3 SLS headstock, but the specs are otherwise the same. I also had an SDK-2 Super Dinky with very similar specs to the TH1. Definitely worth $150, and ash sounds fantastic with the right pickups. (The stock pickups will unfortunately sound like poop.)
                  sigpic

Comment

I can't believe people sell guitars and can't even be bothered to give them a quick dust down.
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

LOL Is this in Colorado?... I have seen this guitar and these exact pictures before I would swear...Maybe on another forum?
                      Haters gonna hate
                      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                        I can't believe people sell guitars and can't even be bothered to give them a quick dust down.
                        Ha! No kidding, right? And it's "missing a string" too apparently. I mean, why?? Basic car sales 101: clean and polish your car before you sell it so you can get at least close to your asking price! Same goes for guitars.

Coloradoman - yes, this is in Glenwood Springs. You close?? I'm in the valley right now so I'm trying to hook up with the guy. As far as I know, this area ain't a pointy headstock kind of town - Jackson's don't fit well in bluegrass/country music!

I'll let you know what it's like when I can play on it. Thanks everyone for the help!

Comment

LOL This thing was on Coloradofisherman about 2-3 years ago. I never was able to make a deal with him lol.

Good luck on the snag.
                          Haters gonna hate
                          Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                          X