Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dxmgt

Hi,

I just picked up a used DXMGT in sunburst. Got a generic hard case, some dings and chips, but in excellent playing condition, for $150.

It plays well enough that I don't really care where it was made, but I'm just curious anyway. The serial number is 9852021, as stamped on the neck plate.

Even the stock EMG HZ's are working for me-this thing is just a sweetie. Can't find too much info via search, so would appreciate anything anyone could tell me about them.

Thanks much,

Larry

Japan.

Did you do a search here? There have been a number of threads on this model.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Japan.

Did you do a search here? There have been a number of threads on this model.

Racer X! That's a blast from the past...thanks for the info. I had done some searches, but found conflicting info in the serial database, and was trying to see if there was any definitive way to determine where it was made.

I got this thing with a generic hardshell for $150, and I'm loving it to death. This could be the start of a mission.....

Thanks again,

Larry

Comment

No prob, dude! If you don't mind the headstock shape, you got a good deal there. The thread that confused you, was it http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/118...ighlight=dxmgt ?

If not, which thread? I'm curious who gave the "conflicting info". But yes, all MIJ bolt-ons after 1996 the serial number follows the format 9xxxxxx. 985 seems a bit newer for this model, but maybe it's a 2006-07 era...
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X