Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to get a Jackson Stars in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So going through celga is pretty much the only option for someone in the USA, but what Japanese site has jacksonstars? It seems as if they aren't even making the RR-TNxx series anymore from what I can find
    Last edited by neptoess; 11-21-2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

why would anybody want to pay 2200USD for a MIJ Jackson if you can have a USA Jackson for less??

Comment

RR-TN01 has mahogany wings and 24 frets and has build quality equal to or better than an RR1. Also, in most cases, these guitars can be had for less than 2000 USD new even after importing. RR1s can be had new for 2000 USD minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by D.Vial View Post
          why would anybody want to pay 2200USD for a MIJ Jackson if you can have a USA Jackson for less??
          Yeah at these prices I would rather have a USA Select Jackson now that I think about it.

Comment

Well, before the changeover, the top-o-the-line RRs came standard with 24 frets, so that's one thing.

However I think they're all 22 now thanks to FMIC's interference in that.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a Jackson Stars from 2008 in mint shape (only played it out once), it's an RR-JE1 (top of the line) Rhoads - here are the specs:

ash body
              maple neck through
              24 frets
              binding
              ebony fb
              MOP inlays & logo
              OFR
              EMG pups

I paid way less than 2K

How you gonna get those specs on a USA Select? You're not.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The best thing about the Jackson Stars was their custom/semi custom shop. I got a semi custom SL-J1 with 5-way switch instead of the 3-way toggle, 1 vol instead of 1 vol 1 tone, and a natural finish (which was not a standard color) for about an $80 upcharge (at the exchange rate when I ordered it). I ordered it in January of 2006, and had it in my greedy little hands mid May.

It looks, plays, and sounds killer.

Last edited by QuantumRider; 11-21-2011, 10:41 PM. Reason: Added photo
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

That soloist looks beautiful. The problem, however, is that, from what I understand, JacksonStars custom/semicustom orders aren't taken anymore. Aside from that, I can't even find where to purchase one. I'm almost wanting to just get an RR24 and put a Tone Zone in it and call it a day. I mean the japanese Jacksons sold in america should be Jacksonstars quality right? Obviously not RR-TN01 quality, but the level of quality one could expect from a 1200 dollar jackson stars.

Comment

Originally posted by neptoess View Post
                    That soloist looks beautiful. The problem, however, is that, from what I understand, JacksonStars custom/semicustom orders aren't taken anymore. Aside from that, I can't even find where to purchase one. I'm almost wanting to just get an RR24 and put a Tone Zone in it and call it a day. I mean the japanese Jacksons sold in america should be Jacksonstars quality right? Obviously not RR-TN01 quality, but the level of quality one could expect from a 1200 dollar jackson stars.
                    Yup. They no longer take custom/semicustom orders. The Japanese Jacksons which are sold in America are "second tier" models. As the only entity that could legally import "Jackson" guitars to Japan used to be a shop that had nothing to do with the factory that was making the MIJ Jacksons, there was a period of time during which no Jacksons having upper end appointments (ebony board, MOP inlays, OFR's, etc.) were being sold in the Japanese market.

I think that the higher ups at the Japanese factory thought to themselves,

"Fuck that shit! We're going to make high end guitars like we used to, even if we have to sell them under a different brand name!"

After the trademark issue was decided in Jackson Japan's favor, the Japanese factory appears only to be making "second tier" models, so that people will have to buy USA if they want the ebony board, MOP inlays, OFR's, etc.
                    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

...making our J-Stars RARE!! LQQK!!!

Atsushi!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Worth one million dollars for sure

Comment

Well that's no fun lol. Either way, I don't see why they don't make a 24 fret USA Select series. I rarely use frets 23 & 24, but whenever I need them and they're not there, . It's like playing the over the mountain solo on my V. I end up switching to the RG because it's not the same without the bar. The RR24 is also technically part of the MG series, which I was never very fond of. I'm almost wondering if a used RR1 is a better idea

Comment

Working...
                          X