Replacement neck for DKMG body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement neck for DKMG body

I wasn't able to post in the classifieds, so thought I'd get this out on this section of the forum, since i also had a related question.

I have a dkmg that has a neck w/ some pretty beat up frets. The headstock is chipped as well. I can live with the chips, but not the bad frets. Playability rules.

I'm looking for a replacement neck to swap with. Are my options only going with a dkmg or dxmg neck, in regards to proper fit in the pocket? Will a dk2m neck fit as well? Either way, if anyone has a neck just laying around that they want to part with, let me know. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I just noticed that i need to be a Platinum Member to post in the classifieds.

~Darren
    Last edited by metalmania408; 05-25-2011, 11:34 AM.

most 24 fret jackson necks should fit(non fusion) as long as you get one for a floyd nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      most 24 fret jackson necks should fit(non fusion) as long as you get one for a floyd nut.
      Nice! Thanks for the info man. Much appreciated!
      Hopefully someone here has a compatible neck they're in no longer in need of.

Comment

There seems to (have be)en a lot of spare 24 fret necks floating around on ebay. I recommend trying to get a DXMG neck. Looks better.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Have you looked into how much a refret would cost? I had a guitar re-fretted with Stainless Steel jumbos for less than 80.00

Comment

I had a guitar re-fretted with Stainless Steel jumbos for less than 80.00
            where from, usually around 300.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              There seems to (have be)en a lot of spare 24 fret necks floating around on ebay. I recommend trying to get a DXMG neck. Looks better.
              I see a few necks on Ebay going for around $170-ish, which is a bit high i think. I can get a used DKMG/DXMG in great shape, locally off of CL, for $280-$300. I'll have to wait to find one that was about $100. Time will tell if one pops up for that much. If not, the project guitar will have to continue sitting in it's gig bag until we come across one.

Originally posted by guitarzan_josh View Post
              Have you looked into how much a refret would cost? I had a guitar re-fretted with Stainless Steel jumbos for less than 80.00
              Wow, I'd definitely go for that deal. My local luthier quoted me $80 for a fret level, crown and polish. A refret would most likely cost 2-3 times that, i would guess.
              Last edited by metalmania408; 05-25-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Send a PM to plon. His work is very heralded here and may be better priced than your local guys. Can't hurt to ask.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Actually, let me ask you guys. Here are a couple of pics of frets on the existing neck i have. Look like enough fret there to actually have the fret level and crown done? The pics show the worst frets of the bunch on this neck.

Comment

Yeah you will be able to have those leveled and crowned, I have seen a lot worse than that saved!

Comment

Holy crap yes!! That's not even 1/2 as bad as the Soloist Pro I learned to L-C-P on. I have good players that have less wear than that.
                      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                      X