Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So whats your favorite non "pro" import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DK2M - the one I just brought home!
    (NO marks on it, just lazy photograhy)

Comment

I'm sure I will catch some shit over this but my favorite is an old Japanese Charvette 270. I've done a lot to it over the years. Bought it when it wasn't very old in 93 or 94, not sure. I've enjoyed life a lot since then. Thin short scale neck and light solid wood. No frills in the looks department all business.
      Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 07-25-2011, 09:36 PM.
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by psychles View Post
        (NO marks on it, just lazy photograhy)

Wow, what a great looking DK2M. Now I'm totally sold on red guitars with maple necks.

Congrats.
        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

The ONLY thing that ha kept me from pulling the trigger on a DK2M is the lack of a reverse headstock. I would like a matching overlay on the headstock to. But thats subjective I guess. Its so close to the maple Dinky Reverses I have had its not funny.
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
          A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Plus I have never owned a non Professional Japanese Jackson.
            An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
            A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by psychles View Post
              That looks just like mine! I love mine too. Pity that they don't seem to be making them anymore.

Having said that, aren't the DK-models all the "Pro" series?

Comment

Originally posted by marnold View Post
                Having said that, aren't the DK-models all the "Pro" series?
                Yes, "big P little r little o Pro". The OP was referring to the "PRO"s when he said "real Pros" - the high end neckthrus from the early 90s.

Don't get "Pro-confused" ! ---> http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ofessional.php

Anyway, I call the high end models PRO (all capitalized) to differentiate from Pro.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                  I'm sure I will catch some shit over this but my favorite is an old Japanese Charvette 270. I've done a lot to it over the years. Bought it when it wasn't very old in 93 or 94, not sure I've enjoyed life a lot since then. Thin short scale neck and light solid wood. No frills in the looks department all business.
                  No shit from me. I have two 270s and they're both really good players.

Comment

Or just Warrior Pro, Soloist Pro, KV Pro, Rhoads Pro, etc etc.

Everything else in the later Professional series gets called by its model name - RR3, KE3, KV3/4/5, etc etc.

Avoids confusion that way.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

SLAT3-6, SL3MG, RR5, DK2 and the Demmelition V

Comment

Originally posted by newc View Post
                        or just WARRIOR PRO, SOLOIST PRO, KV PRO, RHOADS PRO, etc etc.
                        fixed
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                          Wow, what a great looking DK2M. Now I'm totally sold on red guitars with maple necks. Congrats.
                          Thanks! I'm really happy with the way it plays and the overall quality, look and feel. The stock Duncans are decent, but I have a new Duncan Custom (Bridge) and Duncan '59 (Neck) for it - just arrived today. This guitar makes me question whether I like this neck better than the painted one on my Soloist (neck-thru). The painted, shiny finish (as surely you all know) does get a bit sticky and this neck is a LOT like a pool cue. A dash of powder and it would be crazy fast (reference for the pool players out there). Seems the guy who sold it has 4 other guitars and he bought this one and kept it a secret from his wife. He was so careful to make sure she didn't find it that he only played it 4 or 5 times!

Also have a potential buyer for the SLSMG that arrived earlier this week. After it arrived, I had to drop in a new input jack, remove all the pickup screws and clean them with steel wool as they had rusted with sweat, take apart the saddles to clean, polish the whole thing, clean the frets and add a set of strings. Even after that, I'm still selling (on CraigsList) it for $25 less than I paid (on EBay). Live and learn (the hard way - haha).

Doesn't look too bad, now...

A friend gave me a hard time for putting money and time into a guitar I'm selling - after getting slightly ripped off, myself... What he doesn't under stand is that I'm selling a guitar I would play or own, myself... I could never send a guitar to someone in the kind of shape I received this SLSMG. Everyone should say "WOW!!!" when the case is opened for the first time.
                          Last edited by psychles; 06-25-2011, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            fixed
                            Since there's no other "__ Pro" models, there's nothing to fix. The SL3, SL4, KV3, KV4, RR3, KE3, etc etc were never known as "__ Pro", they were known by their numerical model names.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

RR24M, KV5FR, SLS3, SLSMG. All of them are great guitars.

Anything from the Pro Pro series is great.

I gas HARD for a black RR24M, but no cash for now.

I love my SLSMG, even with the stock EMG HZs in it.
                              Last edited by lfrz93; 07-04-2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

DXMG. I love them to bits. Basswood or Alder, doesn't matter. All it needs is just a pair of Invaders.

Comment

Working...
                                X