Dinky Serial Number & 1988 soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky Serial Number & 1988 soloist

Just bought a Dinky DKMG with 9782001 stamped on the neck plate. Wondering if this is the SN and what year it is. Also, just bought a 1988 soloist and wondering what amp to use coz the bridge pickup is hot (Dimarzio I think)?

Not sure about the Dinky. Might get better results posting it in the Import Jackson section.

As for the Soloist, it depends on what you want to play on it. If you want to play Country, I'd say get a Peavey. If you're doing Thrash, get a Marshall or Mesa or somesuch. If you're doing Jazz Fusion, then get whatever.

The pickup doesn't tell the player what he's going to play on or play through; the player decides that for himself.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarflip View Post
      Just bought a Dinky DKMG with 9782001 stamped on the neck plate. Wondering if this is the SN and what year it is. Also, just bought a 1988 soloist and wondering what amp to use coz the bridge pickup is hot (Dimarzio I think)?
      If the pickup is hot, you need to get the biggest most powerful amp you can find.

Comment

Working...
      X