Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Roswell ... But Mine Is Special. (?) Routed Tremolo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axewielder
    replied
    Originally posted by toejam View Post
    I think that's got something to do with Google, because nobody here likes that guy!
    Yeah don't EVER search for AlienXNation on Google or you'll be seeing his banner over here forever after.

Leave a comment:

• Meat&Beer
    replied
    Originally posted by toejam View Post
    I think that's got something to do with Google, because nobody here likes that guy!
    WTF. The world is such a creepy and invasive place with all its satellites and tracking stuff... Beam me outta here Roswell!

Sweet ATG quote, btw.

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    Originally posted by Meat&Beer View Post
    I've noticed that there's now an AlienXnation banner ad with this RWR-85 in it... Kinda ironic!

Leave a comment:

• Meat&Beer
    replied
    Thanks guys! Yeah, it's been a little while since I've been on this forum, been mostly building/working on amps instead of guitars. I've noticed that there's now an AlienXnation banner ad with this RWR-85 in it... Kinda ironic!

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    That graphic looks neat!

Leave a comment:

• Jayster
    replied
    You certainly have a one of a kind guit going on there, the graphic concept looks good! Always nice to see a "I'm going to do something" thread, get updated to show the idea come to life. Congrats on making it yours!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Meat&Beer
    replied
    Rise from the grave oh ancient Roswell thread!!!

Well ladies and gentleman, I just discovered one on eBay, this thing was indeed factory with the trem! Check the listing while it's still up;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1997..._qi=RTM1562571

Haha, about 3 years later, I'll finally post a final photo. Plays like a dream, made a way cooler plate for the back. Super sustain from this guitar, perfect balance, thinnest neck I've ever played. Really, it's thinner than anything! I'm very pleased with how it came out.

Model; RWR-85, just like it says in the neck pocket. Go figure! The eBay listing says less than 200 of this model were made, and even less with the trem. Oh boy, I raped the crap outta this thing! I love it though, and it's not going anywhere. I also paid WAY less than what they're asking... Evidently, no one knows about this model and I got a great deal on an extremely rare Roswell!

Leave a comment:

• DonP
    replied
    Damn, I though you only purpose on this forum was to reply to the beer thread

Leave a comment:

• Meat&Beer
    replied
    Thats exactly what I originally had in mind to balance... The little cylinder weights would fit right in a hole made w/ a spade drill bit.. I couldnt find any though. Funny! I swore that plate I used gave me more sustain, and even made pinch harmonics yell a little louder, glad to know its not all in my big fat head! GoooOOOO Death Angel and Grover! \m/

I could still do that, and use the screw holes for a cavity cover on the back, to cover the input jack if I decide to relocate it. I shure would like to do that too...

Leave a comment:

• jackson1
    replied
    Originally posted by Meat&Beer View Post
    That piece of steel makes the guitar sit front and center...
    If you haven't already, check this video where Rob Cavestany talks about his Death Angel guitars and mentions "the butt plug" invented by Grover Jackson and used on Rob's DA guitars. A piece of metal drilled into the back of the body to adjust the balance of the guitar. Go to 3:05....

Leave a comment:

• Musician78
    replied
    Originally posted by Devotee View Post
    Wouldn't it be more logical to just relocate the strap button to stop the neck diving instead of attaching a solid steel plate to the upper horn? Kinda reminds me of the guy who routed the upper horn of his Kelly and filled it with lead.
    That's awesome! I was going to suggest he do that.

Leave a comment:

• Drake S.
    replied
    You guys ever want To Let 1 of these go just Let me Know

Leave a comment:

• coloradoman25
    replied
    I have one but not with the trem nor the mods. Never did yank the neck but I assume its got the same stuff yours has.

Leave a comment:

• Meat&Beer
    replied
    Yay pics! Thanks DalyTek!

I did relocate the strap button... Both of them, in fact, and it did little to nothing at all, aside from make the guitar sit on my right hip a little more. I'm a righty, and I dont want it there. Try doing the twist whilst soloing. I wish I had the means to pour hot lead into it! I actually tried to think of a way to do something like that....

That piece of steel makes the guitar sit front and center, I'm not kidding you when I say its in perfect placement and balance now. Do I like the fact that I screwed a stupid hunk of steel to my guitar? Not particularly. But it sure does do the trick.

I'm almost done all that I want to do... Next is the graphic and clear coat. I'll definitely post more pictures, possibly a vid. Until then, I'd still like to know if anyone has a personal stash of info on this model...

Leave a comment:

• Devotee
    replied
    Wouldn't it be more logical to just relocate the strap button to stop the neck diving instead of attaching a solid steel plate to the upper horn? Kinda reminds me of the guy who routed the upper horn of his Kelly and filled it with lead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X