NGD - First Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - First Jackson

Back after a very long hiatus with a new GMG Jackson DXMG. It smokes my old Charvette in playability but unfortunately the EMG-HZs are pretty lacking. I got a Dimarzio X2N I had in my Charvette before I put in the EMGs I was thinking of putting it in the DXMG. Just worried it might be too bright for the basswood. Anyone got experience with this combination and can shed some light?
    If the X2N isn't a good pickup to use, any suggestions for beefing this guitar's sound up? I play pretty much all things metal from '80s hair metal to current melodic death metal and everything in between. I would like to try an avoid EMGs and go with something passive if possible but I'm not 100% dead set against another EMG equipped axe if it's the only thing that works.
    And per the norm, a pic:

Last edited by Outlaw; 04-09-2011, 10:45 AM. Reason: new, hopefully better pic?

J90c?

Comment

You might wanna get a better camera . Looks like someone started stripping the gold off your Marshall's pots and put lego bricks on your guitars
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

X2N
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Wilks, please share your prescription drug information and I will help you check it for side effects
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Maybe you need an eye test Henrik
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Lego bricks?

Comment

Pictures look fine to me?

I had a DXMG in the past, sold it, and bought another a few weeks ago. I know I'm the minority but I liked these EMGHz's back then with the guitar I took back and also now with this one.

I had plans to use this guitar for pickup swapping but now I think I'll use another that didn't sound as good.

Also, it may be what you play. I pretty much play classic metal through a DSL100 1/2 stack.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Pictures look fine to me?

I had a DXMG in the past, sold it, and bought another a few weeks ago. I know I'm the minority but I liked these EMGHz's back then with the guitar I took back and also now with this one.

I had plans to use this guitar for pickup swapping but now I think I'll use another that didn't sound as good.

Also, it may be what you play. I pretty much play classic metal through a DSL100 1/2 stack.
                  The neck pickup isn't bad, I'll give it that. But then again I hardly switch over to the neck pickup since my last amp with the EMG-85 in the neck position of my Charvette sounded overly "boxy". Pretty much only use it on the DXMG and the Charvette now when I'm wood shedding and playing on clean.
                  I think you're right Don about what I play, think I'm reaching a bit with the variety of sounds I'm trying to achieve with my current set up. I ordered a MXR 10 band EQ to throw in the loop on the AVT50 so hopefully beef up the sound a bit. But I might have to look into a better amp down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                    Lego bricks?

Pixellated photo.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                    X