Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro series binding?

Hello there, I have a question.
    Recently, I have seen several Pro Jacksons (3s and 5s) that have fretboard binding. Is it now standard on these new guitars?

Yes.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks.

Comment

You're welcome.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I havent seen any 3's with binding as of yet, anyone got some pics?
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I saw an RR3 in a store a few months ago with binding, i even made a thread about it at the time.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Yeah, I haven't seen any bound 3's yet either. Might be tempted to get a KE3 if I see a bound one around.

It's at times like this that I wish Jackson kept their spec sheets up to date, and at least made some sort of announcement about the spec changes. It seems to me that most stores won't realise that the guitars they're buying in have been upgraded to get binding, and people ordering online probably won't have any idea whether they're getting a bound one or not until they open the box.
              I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                I saw an RR3 in a store a few months ago with binding, i even made a thread about it at the time.
                I googled "RR3 with binding" and your JCF thread came up!

Comment

Bound KE3:
                  http://viewitem.eim.ebay.gr/Jackson_...dex.en-US.html

Bound RR5FRs:
                  http://www.schoolmusic.co.kr/Shop/in...&Good_no=14769

Bound KV5FR:
                  http://www.schoolmusic.co.kr/Shop/in...&Good_no=14770

Comment

Yeah well maybe if Jackson got off their lazy asses to update their shitty website and actually make an official announcement, they might actually clear up a lot of confusion including this binding topic.
                    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
                      It's at times like this that I wish Jackson kept their spec sheets up to date, and at least made some sort of announcement about the spec changes.
                      +1 on that.

The whole official website should be updated. Right now there are a lot of things to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonwolf View Post
                        +1 on that.

The whole official website should be updated. Right now there are a lot of things to fix.
                        Yeah. Frankly, I'd have thought they'd have fixed all the problems when McD showed up here asking us to point out all of the errors on their site, but it doesn't seem like they bothered doing anything about them.

Plus, the poor photoshopping on some of the guitar pictures is laughable.

In fact, update the whole damn site!

And another thing, I'm rather annoyed when guitars disappear off their website, but they don't say anything about it. The DK2M and RR24M aren't there anymore, and as you can probably gather from my sig, I find that to be quite annoying. Especially since I haven't seen any announcement about them being discontinued, just speculation from people who have noticed that they aren't on the Jackson website anymore. I'm positively raging!

[/rant]

On the other hand, wow, Moonwolf, I really like that bound Crimson Swirl KE3. Thanks for giving me GAS. Time to go check my bank account...
                        I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Seems like those are in foreign markets (only?)...UK, etc

Comment

@Confuse-a-Cat: I think there was a topic on this forum about those maple fretboard models (RR24M and DK2M) being discontinued. Futhermore, one year ago, I've seen the RR24M being sold for around 800 € on some webshops in Germany (before that "discount" they were priced around 1100-1200 €). It seems that these models are really discontinued.

The white RR24M looks just awesome...

Comment

I haven't seen any binding on the ke3 or rr3 ect..yet in the states, only japan market late last year or on ebay rarely. Jacksons site is incomplete on info,
                              also pics that were once up on recent models on fender/jackson japan site are not up now. So where is the concrete info that they are going to be having binding in the states?
                              Did they have any at Namm?

Comment

Working...
                              X