Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying Jackson PS4 Peformer

Hi guys,

Looking to buy a Jackson Performer PS4 and I haven't been able to find any information on serial ID for imports, only MIA Jacksons. Could someone steer me in the right direction or help me ID this serial? Wondering when/where it was made. Also could someone give me an approx value of the guitar? It only has a single coil pickup [an EMG of some sort], no humbuckers, and the standard licensed trem.

Thanks a lot for the help guys

Japanese serial numbers start with a "9".
    Value 200 to 300 USD depending on condition, with case.

PS4 was H-S-H configuration.

Comment

Thanks Cygnus! This is also a lefty model which I'm looking at, which would probably add a bit to the value. He's asking for a lot more than that, and it's missing both humbuckers, no hard case... Were these all made pre Fender days?

Comment

I pay zero attention to "pre/post Fender" because it makes no difference.
        The lefty minus humbuckers and no case should be 175.00 tops IMO.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
          Japanese serial numbers FOR BOLT-ONS POST 1996 start with a "9". AND ARE 7 DIGITS LONG
          Fixed
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well he bought it for $700 in it's current condition apparently, [woah...] has realised he's been ripped off but apparently still wants $450 for it. He can keep it.

Comment

Are you sure he isn't lying to you? $700 for a PS4? He wants you to feel bad for him, so that he can sell you the guitar he bought for $50 at a hefty markup

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa - How do we know for sure it's a PS-4? That ser # is awful recent to be a Performer IMO. Let's see some pics...
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey guys, pics as requested.

Comment

40 bux, tops.

Comment

Hell, I'd buy it for 40 just to slap the neck on a Righty PS4 body I have and watch people go WTF?? at the "reverse dots" and "upside down" logo

Comment

Originally posted by Weezil View Post
                        Hell, I'd buy it for 40 just to slap the neck on a Righty PS4 body I have and watch people go WTF?? at the "reverse dots" and "upside down" logo
                        Youd have to replace the nut as well.
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

lol so you're saying I should seriously offer him $40 for it, Cygnus? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Audile View Post
                            lol so you're saying I should seriously offer him $40 for it, Cygnus? :P
                            Offer $540, and then a 500 dollar chargeback to clean the scum off!

Comment

Working...
                            X