Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG w/HZ... Battery?

Hi people,

Today, for the first time since i packed my equipment three years ago i plugged my dkmg to boss gt8 but i could not get any sound. I've tested the gt8 and cables in all aspects. I think there is a problem with guitar. Does a DKMG w/HZ w/Turbocharger need a battery to work?

Ps: I've never opened inside of my guitar and if i shouldnt i dont want to.
    Life can be good with right people.
    Andi Deris

Originally posted by KabaK View Post
    Turbocharger=battery to work

Comment

Thx mate but when the turbo is off does it still need a battery? Those are passive pu's.
      Andi Deris

Comment

They should work without the battery.
        HZ's, as you pointed out, are passive so only the boost needs the battery.

Wouldn't hurt at all to take that cover off and see what's going on.
        That battery may have given up the ghost and the acid got to the wiring.

Comment

Thx mate but when the turbo is off does it still need a battery? Those are passive pu's.
          It depends on how its wired. If the output of the guitar is taken soley out of the Turbo, then the turbo must work for sound to come out. This is usually the case.

If the ouput of the Turbo is mixed with the passive, then you should get the passive output of you turn the mix to passive.

Comment

Ps: I've never opened inside of my guitar and if i shouldnt i dont want to.
            I am a firm believer that you should know the ins and outs of all of your equipment. I scored my Warrior Pro dirt cheap because the seller didn't know there was a battery in there. So he sold it to me telling me there were electronic issues. I took his word for it and bought it based solely on the appearance of the guitar figuring I'd re-do the electronics. One 9v battery later, and I had a Warrior Pro for a little over $200.

It pays to know your equipment!
            My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
              They should work without the battery.
              HZ's, as you pointed out, are passive so only the boost needs the battery.

Wouldn't hurt at all to take that cover off and see what's going on.
              That battery may have given up the ghost and the acid got to the wiring.
              yeah.. I've opened it and changed the battery. Even though 5 years the battery was clean
              Andi Deris

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                It depends on how its wired. If the output of the guitar is taken soley out of the Turbo, then the turbo must work for sound to come out. This is usually the case.

If the ouput of the Turbo is mixed with the passive, then you should get the passive output of you turn the mix to passive.
                I've changed the battery and now it's ok. Also the passive mode needs battery power
                Andi Deris

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
                  I am a firm believer that you should know the ins and outs of all of your equipment. I scored my Warrior Pro dirt cheap because the seller didn't know there was a battery in there. So he sold it to me telling me there were electronic issues. I took his word for it and bought it based solely on the appearance of the guitar figuring I'd re-do the electronics. One 9v battery later, and I had a Warrior Pro for a little over $200.

You're right mate and I opened it. It's virginity has gone :p
                  Andi Deris

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post

No matter how old that story is, I still find it funny... and infuriating that you got it so stupidly cheap.

The JE-1500 is wired to the output jack, so a battery is required whether the circuit is in use or not. The same applies to the "Turbocharger" on the DKMG.
                    Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-09-2011, 12:06 PM.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

OK, good to know...I was wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        No matter how old that story is, I still find it funny... and infuriating that you got it so stupidly cheap.

The JE-1500 is wired to the output jack, so a battery is required whether the circuit is in use or not. The same applies to the "Turbocharger" on the DKMG.
                        FYI, with my Fusions, the JE-1500 has an on-off switch that bypasses the effect so that it can be ran without batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                          OK, good to know...I was wrong!
                          1/2 wrong

It all depends on how the circuit is designed.

Comment

Working...
                          X