Value of a DK2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of a DK2?

I've been thinking about selling my trans black DK2 but before I pulled the trigger I wanted to get a rough idea of their value.

Anyone here know how much at the least I can get off of it?

ebay .99 no reserve auction.

Comment

Interesting

Comment

I got my trans black DK2T with some dings and scratches for $300 free shipping. No case. So, you can get anywhere between $250 - $325. However, after all your paypal and eBay fees, you'll be lucky if you end up with about $200.

Try selling on Craigslist.
        Sam

Comment

I got mine for 200 hahaha

Comment

Cool. then you have nothing to lose. I was bent upon getting the fixed bridge one and a trans black. It was hard at that time to get that exact guitar.
            Sam

Comment

I sold a dead mint white one about 8 months ago, with an Invader at the bridge, sustain block ,ESP arming adjuster and a hardshell case for $450 on Craigslist.

Comment

Nice WTS ad
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by axmann View Post
                  I sold a dead mint white one about 8 months ago, with an Invader at the bridge, sustain block ,ESP arming adjuster and a hardshell case for $450 on Craigslist.
                  So I'm better off posting it on CL I'm guessing.
                  I was gonna put it on ebay to sell it fast, and I'm watching a few auctions to see how it sells, but the bids are saaadd

Comment

For what its worth, I have no knowledge of Jackson values and perhaps I overpaid, I just paid 515 shipped with paypal fees for a MIJ pile of skulls dinky in mint condition with a case. Its a few years old. I had to have it. For a comparison, another pile of skuls dinky that I would have won if my computer didnt freeze went for 330 shipped. It had chrome hardware that was not clean and all, a damaged tone pot and showed signs of rust on the neck screws and other hardware.. Also, the guy I got the dinky from had it listed at 699. Two opposite ends of the spectrum. Good luck with your sale.

Comment

Yeah the value can vary as to who's lookin and has the money, you might catch someone willing to spend $400, but you will always find people that are constantly looking for that good deal.
                      So it's really hard to put a set price on something that has as many variables as a guitar, you know like condition, hardware , pickups , with case or without a case.There's just too many factors involved.

Comment

I got an ESP LTD with case for $360. I wanted to keep the case and sell only the guitar for $350. I listed it on CL for months. I gave up for an year. Then tried listing again. Someone said he was looking for that exact guitar and gave me $360 even though my asking was $350. Same thing happened with a 2x12 and a SL2HT I sold. I got more than what I paid for. Patience is the key word.

Also, sell it in parts. I had a DKMGT that no one would have given more than $200. I sold everything in parts and made almost $350. But its a hassle to deal with selling all the parts. Also, I am talking about eBay 3 yrs ago. Now its gone to the dogs...for sellers at least.
                        Sam

Comment

Ebay is just a disgrace now man, fees are up in the sky and the buyers get worse by the day!

Comment

Ebay turns into "threatening you with negative feedback" bay. I sold mine on a whim and wish I had it back. I waited awhile to find a white one. Pay the cash and sell it correctly here. I have nothing but good stuff to say about the guys I have dealt with on this forum selling or buying. The advice and direction alone was more than worth the couple bucks for the platinum membership price. In one instance I got talked out of selling something with some insight I had not thought about. Shit I had no clue about. I do now.

Comment

sometimes it's hard to give a value. I just bought one for $400, it was exactly what I wanted, white with light board. Some might think it was too much, but I don't regret it at all. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X