Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

japan quake and tsunami effecting prodction of guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• japan quake and tsunami effecting prodction of guitars?

does anyone know if it is?

god, I hope not. Who gives a shit about the wellbeing of all those people effected by it, as long as guitar production remains unaffected?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      god, I hope not. Who gives a shit about the wellbeing of all those people effected by it, as long as guitar production remains unaffected?
      Lol Don't lose your shit. He didn't complain or anything like that. To be honest, it's a good question.

I don't know much either. I heard that the Chushin Gakki plant is in Nagano prefecture and that would put it in a mild zone on the west side on the island. I imagine that EVEN if the plant wasn't damaged or anything, that production will have still suffered to some extent because people are affected. Either indirectly or directly. Like family, or sometimes just things like waiting for materials to arrive and bla bla. The Japanese are industrious and do pick up quickly despite their hardships. I'm sure they are doing their best to keep it together because production means money and that is vital for everyone out there.

Comment

Yeah, no shit.

The nation's reeling from the shock and horror of having so many dead they can't bury them all, and the ever-present threat of nuclear devastation. Do you really fucking think anyone cares if the next batch of Jacksons and Charvels gets out the fucking door?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          shit. fucking fucking door?
          You kiss your mama with that mouth?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Considering she died in 2007.....
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Models
              The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
              I dont need furniture.
              If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
              If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
              And rock that sucker.

Comment

A lot of people are concerned about the situation in Japan so it would be nice if Jackson would post an update on the workers and the factory over there. Ibanez did so I don't see why Jackson can't.

Comment

Mercenary, can you paste or link the Ibanez info?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

http://www.ibanez.com/ That wasn't too hard!
                    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

man I sure hope this earthquake thing dont mess up the production of TVs, DVD players, etc.... I mean we might have to go back to beta and VHS machines.

I think Japan has alot more important shit to worry about than some guitars being built.

I mean these poor people dont know if they can even drink the water there.

wow......what a thread.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Well, at least all those donations will look good on tax deduction forms
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Do you really fucking think anyone cares if the next batch of Jacksons and Charvels gets out the fucking door?
                          I say Jackson does if they want to stay in business. And I'm sure the workers there would like to still be able to earn a paycheck and provide for their families in this difficult time. I'm sure if you lived in an area that had an earthquake. That you'd hope your job is unaffected, or would you say who cares if you've lost your job in your profession?
                          Last edited by Administrator; 03-27-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

If I lived in an area that was affected by an earthquake, I'd want to ensure that my family is safe before I worried about going back to work. I'd also want to be damned certain that my workplace was safe too. If it came down to it, I wouldn't think twice about relocating and taking a job emptying garbage cans before I unnecessarily risked my life & that of my family to make another guitar so that it can sit on a shelf unpurchased for a year.

In the end, the production of guitars (a luxury item) is nought compared to the value of these people's lives.

"Hey honey, I'm home. Made a bunch of widgets today. The future of my parent company overseas is assured. Of course, I'll be dead within the year from radiation poisoning or cancer. But to think of the inconvenience of purchasers of widgets around the world.....?"
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

If I lived in an area that was affected by an earthquake, I'd want to ensure that my family is safe before I worried about going back to work. I'd also want to be damned certain that my workplace was safe too. If it came down to it, I wouldn't think twice about relocating and taking a job emptying garbage cans before I unnecessarily risked my life & that of my family to make another guitar so that it can sit on a shelf unpurchased for a year.

In the end, the production of guitars (a luxury item) is nought compared to the value of these people's lives.

"Hey honey, I'm home. Made a bunch of widgets today. The future of my parent company overseas is assured. Of course, I'll be dead within the year from radiation poisoning or cancer. But to think of the inconvenience of purchasers of widgets around the world.....?"
                              You are making alot of assumptions as to the Jackson factory having a radiation problem. Or that there is a risk working in the Jackson factory in Japan. I guess Japan might as well shut down as an economy for a while. Sure this is an immediate problem, but it can also turn into a long term problem as well. Better to get back on your feet as fast as you can.

"Hey honey, I'm home. My business washed out to sea. No work. I don't know how I'm going to feed our family. I sure wish I was able to make widgets so I could feed you. But I'm sure VitaminG is okay that I'm not and we are starving."

Comment

Working...
                              X