Post only 1990 Pro's Serial #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post only 1990 Pro's Serial #'s

Lets get to the bottom of this '89 or '90 BS once and for all... everybody that has a 1990 or what you believe is a '90 please post a pic of the neck back plate.

If Newc and Henrik are right we should see many 1990 MIJ Pro's with six digit serial #'s starting with "0"

Here is mine which many people have said it's a '90 because that is when the Pro's went on sale... but I got an email from Jackson years ago saying it was Built in 1989... I just want to find out if they actually built MIJ Pro's in 1989

sigpic
    Action Jackson

Both of my 1990 Jacksons start with 0s.

Comment

Nimitz, you might wanna clarify that this is bolt-on only. Or? :think:
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
        Nimitz, you might wanna clarify that this is bolt-on only. Or? :think:
        Bolt on only... with the serial on the neck back plate... Thanks
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
            but I got an email from Jackson years ago saying it was Built in 1989...
            Oh yeah, where is this mysterious email, hmmmm?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would love to see one with all the pro series from 1990 - 1995 just to see how the colors and changes vary. I mean I know the guitars don't change much but to see somewhat of an order they were made in would be awesome. I'm sure it's been done but I would love to see it

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Oh yeah, where is this mysterious email, hmmmm?
                Do you have emails from 12-14 years ago?

Yeah I made the whole thing up because my plan was to give Henrik a headache so bad his head would explode all over his computer screen...

Seriously the email was short and to the point... I didn't even know where my guitar was made when I emailed them... the reply was "Made in Japan 1989"
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

The Jackson Pro line started in early March of 1990, which coincides with the Production USA line. There were no Jackson guitars made in Japan prior to that, just the Charvel Model guitars.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                    The Jackson Pro line started in early March of 1990, which coincides with the Production USA line. There were no Jackson guitars made in Japan prior to that, just the Charvel Model guitars.
                    If the is true then what are Jacksons with serial numbers starting with 9 and ones starting with 0... are they both made in 1990?

Something is off here because the first digit denotes the last number of the year made... so my six digit Pro starting with 9 was made in 1999... nope not possible we all know that.

0xxxxx = 1990
                    1xxxxx = 1991
                    2xxxxx = 1992
                    3xxxxx = 1993
                    4xxxxx = 1994
                    5xxxxx = 1995

9xxxxx = 19??

Does anyone speak Japanese?
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post

However, as is common in a production environment, you have to build things ahead of when they are expected to be on store shelves. While 3 months (Jan-Mar) is a long lead time in most manufacturing, with guitars you have other issues - such as waiting for paint to dry, lots of final inspections, etc.

Given that, it's reasonable to assume that neckplates were stamped in advance in December of 1989.

It's also reasonable to assume that while the initial plan was to stamp the 90's with "90", then up to "91, 92, 93...", they may have realized quickly that adding a year later on would not be possible with the stamp blocks they had, which were likely 6-digit only. 7-digit and larger stamps would have to be custom-made, while 6-digit stamp blocks (which hold 6 individual numbers) were readily available.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post

Something is off here because the first digit denotes the last number of the year made... so my six digit Pro starting with 9 was made in 1999... nope not possible we all know that.

0xxxxx = 1990
                        1xxxxx = 1991
                        2xxxxx = 1992
                        3xxxxx = 1993
                        4xxxxx = 1994
                        5xxxxx = 1995

9xxxxx = 19??

Does anyone speak Japanese?
                        I did not know you could tell that from the serial numbers. I thought the import numbers were useless. Learn something new everyday, well almost everyday.

and if you really need something translated from Japanese , my wife works for a Japanese company and i can get something translated.
                        Last edited by MetalMan; 03-23-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

So i have some pages saved from the old Jackson site and it says my TH1 was

"INTRODUCED IN 1996, DISCONTINUED IN 1997"

but my serial # starts with 5, which apparently , from what i just learned in this thread, means 1995.

so is it close enough for rock n roll, or what year is mine?

Comment

Most likley built in 95, released and sold in 96. Rember, introduction date doesent always mean built on date.
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

It seems weird that the serial number would reflect the production date and not the model year. Lots of products are manufactured prior to the model year but the serial number still reflects the model year and not production date.

Comment

Working...
                              X