Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help identify this professional series? XL or LT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identify this professional series? XL or LT?

hi i was looking at a craigslist ad for a nice looking jackson professional series im thinking of buying but i can't tell what model it is.
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/2269405835.html
    based on http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ofessional.php that guide that i found, it most closely resembled an LT except for the dot inlays as opposed to the triangle ones shown in the ad.
    and the picture in the ad appears to show that the truss rod cover says XL but its too small to tell, and based on that guide, the XL doesnt appear to have 3 knobs, it has two.
    i dont know too much about jacksons so if someone could help that'd be great

I think it's an early Dinky XL, before they were renamed the DK2. The extra knob was probably a boost, but who knows what it is now that EMG's are in there.

I'd say that's a fair price. If it comes with a case (it does), I'd call it a good price.

Comment

Looks like XL to me.

But it does have 3 knobs like the LT... maybe it has a different truss rod cover?

Either way it looks sweet... Binding Check... Sharks Check... EMG Check... Good Price Check...
      Last edited by Nimitz; 03-20-2011, 01:41 PM.
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Bmac107 View Post
        it most closely resembled an LT except for the dot inlays as opposed to the triangle ones shown in the ad.
        LT with dot inlays? You are mistaken, the LT is pictured with sharkfins.

the XL doesnt appear to have 3 knobs, it has two.
        Yes, I understand that you are puzzled. So am I. Maybe this is a modified XL with an extra hole drilled for a 3rd knob.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
          But it does have 3 knobs like the LT... maybe it has a different truss rod cover?
          22 vs 24 frets.
          Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
            22 vs 24 frets.
            ???

24 frets... uh yes
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

You suggest that the truss rod cover may not be original, right? All I am saying is, I would pay more attention to the fact that the LT has 22 frets and the XL has 24 of them.
              Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                You suggest that the truss rod cover may not be original, right? All I am saying is, I would pay more attention to the fact that the LT has 22 frets and the XL has 24 of them.
                I did not know that LT has 22...

The one here has 24 so... we all agree extra hole?
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

Could also be a fusion : ) ??
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

02 fusion xl. if you look at the 93 cataloog picture of the fusion xl it has dinky xl on the truss rod cover.

Comment

Blame the Jackson image department and some damn lazy Photoshop artist.
                      Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                        02 fusion xl. if you look at the 93 cataloog picture of the fusion xl it has dinky xl on the truss rod cover.
                        Wait by "02 fusion xl" do you mean its a 2002 model?
                        And thanks everyone, it's a huge help

Comment

No, there were no import 2002 fusions : )
                          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Hi,

Looking at the picture it "could" be a Dinky XL. Here's a pic of mine to compare.

If you look at the craig's list pic, the 2 knobs seem to match up. The one in the middle could have been drilled as an additional tone knob for the EMG's. I was also thinking it could be a Fusion....but Fusion's are 24.75" scale. I know that would be hard to show in pic. You could ask for a serial number..

My guess is that it's a Dinky XL with a middel knob drilled out when the EMG's were installed. Dinky's had JT590 tremolo's til 93 (and most Jackson's). After that it was the JT580. This will also narrow down the year. It's hard to tell from the pic what tremolo it is...

Good luck
                            dinkyguitar

Comment

Lower horn does not match, but it does match some of the dinky XL. Just not yours....

Comment

Working...
                              X